Anyone own this PC Tower?

cumminbk

well im about to make a new computer and im going to buy a new pc case. Now the idea is that i will buy a case that i will stick with for prob 10+ years or so. I just want to get something that is nice and will be used for upgrades year after year so i dont really mind paying a little extra for it since i kinda consider it an "investment"

anway im looking at this tower.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...-144-089&DEPA=0

does anyone own it? it has lots and lots of fans so just wondering how ppl feel about teh noise level. I really like this cases appearnce and size. from looking at reviews online i found the case door is cheap plastic but im willing to overlook that.

any comments by those who own this?

nice looking, I guess, but seems to be a bit pricey. Plus it having all 800mm fans versus 120mm fans is a minus(smaller = louder). I'd look for one w/o an included PS & then buy a known solid performer. I've read some bad comments on Aspire PSs

jmho

I'd try to find it without the power supply. Aspire power supplies can be kinda dodgy. They have the wattage but can sometimes be lower in the amperage area than other power supplies.

Look up the power supply by itself (model number is ATX-AS500W according to the pictures) and compare it to other 500W power supplies from Antec, Thermaltake, etc to make sure it's up to the tasks you need it to do.

I'd also have to agree that you should try to find a case with 120mm fans. A larger fan can spin slower to move the same volume of air as a smaller fan...thus making it quieter. Personally, I have the Antec SONATA II and it's been a great case.

Yea acctualy newegg is the specs wrong it comes with 4 80mm fans and the fan in the window panal is 120mm. so there is a 120mm fan in this case (if you look at the pictures you can clearly tell the window fan is much larger than the other case fans). Also i do have to say i am not expecting much from the power supply. If it came without i would get it without. i will likely buy a differntly supply or use a supply i already have.

thanks for the input.

Edited by cumminbk