3Dmark06,

Kramy

Hi, I use HFSLIP to slipstream DirectX into my Win2k. Recently 3Dmark06 came out, and I want to see if it's Win2k compatible. Many sites say it is, and many sites and the readme say it isn't(or at least don't mention it). The problem is the DirectX Installer has always given me error messages and doesn't do anything.

I've also ran out of partitions to install onto, so was hoping to avoid testing anything if possible, since testing involves wiping a partition out.

Anyway, 3Dmark06 requires the "bunch of extra useless files" in the Win2k Tut, so before I go and wipe my OS out, can anyone confirm that's _all_ it'll need? :D

Also(unrelated), in the tutorial it states:

Windows Genuine Annoyance/Advantage (optional) ... HF folder

But it's a cab! Shouldn't it go in the cabs folder? If that's a typo, also correct it about 2 lines down.

Thanks,

-Kramy

post-58925-1137833195_thumb.png

You do not need to reload just because of that error message. Download the SDK pack, extract the EXE with your favorite decompression program, put the CAB files into a folder called HFCABS. Keep only the cab files specifed on either tomcat's or the_guy's list.

If your error window was looking for that particular DLL, then open the Apr2005_d3dx9_25_x86.cab or whatever cab file that corresponds to your error. Put the dll file into your system32 folder. You do not need to register these dlls. You may as well do all the d3dx9_*_x86 files, there's only 4 or 5 of them.

Point taken about placement of the wga cab, it needs to go into the HFCABS folder.

Ahh yes, while sleeping that thought had crossed my mind. I tested it out, and dropping that DLL in the 3Dmark06 dir seems to have done the trick. I'm probably still going to rebuild my ISO, since nLite has some new options now too, but now I know that I don't have to add any of that stuff with HFSLIP. :D

808 3Dmarks @ 3.0fps and 3.4fps. :thumbup