Start Menu Broken

neoform

I've got 4.1 installed yesterday, worked great.. then a few hours ago i noticed my start menu kinda just broke.

I can't access the "all programs" menu, "run" gives me an error saying "Windows cannot create a shortcut here".. :(

missing.jpg

i uninstalled the regular version, then put the lite version in, worked great (again) for a few days.. then my "All Programs" stopped working again. No visual glitch this time, but when i click on "All programs" it doesn't bring up the menu. "Run" and "Search" show me an error "Windows cannot create a shortcut here. Do you want the shortcut to be placed on the desktop instead?". Weird..

I had this problem sometimes even when I didn't have xpize installed: probably it's a driver issue an application conflict or something like that. Try keeping xpize uninstalled and see if it happens again maybe it's not xpize's fault.

• 1 month later...

I have this sometimes to (MCE proper 2005).

To get it back do ctl+alt+del then close explorer.exe, then go to the applications tab and click new task, then type explorer.exe, click ok and volia your done (although you may loose some inactive tray icons)