Network Cable

I got a little question for you guys,

I have a router and two computers hooked up to the internet, everything works fine,

I have a XBOX which is upstairs, (computers/router are downstairs).

I want to hook my XBOX to the routher but the only real way to do it is by taking the cable out side.

I have two satilite dish hooked up out side, using RG-6 Cable, its fine through the winter and stuff.

So, my question is, would the network cable make it though the harsh weather outside?

If you have any other ideas or suggestions, feel free to post them.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, I would think that it could survive for a limited amount of time. The weather will of course, over time, slowly ruin the cable, but that could take a looong time. If you want to be 100% sure that nothing goes wrong you should run it through a plastic tube or isolate it. Shield it from fx direct sunlight and water.

Personly I would go for the plastic tube :)

Yes, I would think that it could survive for a limited amount of time. The weather will of course, over time, slowly ruin the cable, but that could take a looong time. If you want to be 100% sure that nothing goes wrong you should run it through a plastic tube or isolate it. Shield it from fx direct sunlight and water.

Personly I would go for the plastic tube  :)

great idea, i will use a plastic tube, i will try to find a whit tube so it will be protected from the sun.

Personly I would go for the plastic tube  :)

great idea, i will use a plastic tube, i will try to find a whit tube so it will be protected from the sun.

Sounds like a great project you have going there reubend. One of the things that you want to look for in a plastic tube is the UV resistance. This is what does the deed on the plastic and drys it out. There is made a schedule 40 PVC conduit that is made for the electrical industry and it is made to be buried under ground or resist sun light and UV rays above ground. Check you local hardware store or electrical supplier. The stuff is pretty cheap and will work well for you. You can buy preformed fittings to make turns and the like...

:rolleyes: