Opera - disable transfer window becoming active when download initiate

matthewk

I like the transfer window tab showing in the tab bar when a transfer begins, but I do not like it stealing focus/becoming active tab when it shows automatically like this.

Anyone know how to disable it becoming active/stealing focus? Thanks in advance

Wow, I never knew that! :) I feel silly for not seeing 'view' there all this time. Thanks a lot

Edit: What about when you open a link in new tab; is there a way to make it go to background rather than still focus? I did not see a view option for that. I hope it is easy like the previously mentioned :) Thanks in advance

Edited by matthewk

Thanks Zxian :) I usually do the middle mouse button. I guess I noticed this problem when opening page in new window (rather than background). I still do the right click sometimes as everyone has an internet explorer past hah. Thanks mates for the help :thumbup

Edited by matthewk

I'm used to the Shift+Ctrl+Click myself, since I'm on my laptop 95% of the time, and there is no middle mouse button... :P

There's a lot more to Opera than what meets the eye. I'm still finding that I'm discovering new settings and options even after having used it for a number of months now.

• 4 weeks later...
It seems the opera profile is stored in %appdata%; is there a way to store it in %programfiles%\opera ?

When you install it, choose "install for all users". Then all your configuration files would be in "profiles" folder under opera's directory

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to automatically accept certificates? I saw in Tools->Prefs->Advanced->Security there is a manage certificates, but I didn't see how to add in custom ones. Everytime I log into facebook for example, I have to click accept on the certificate in order to go further. Thanks for all the help everyone gives here.

fbook6nm.png