Radeon 9500 cooling upgrade...

ThA_FiLeR

The stock cooling is no good for my overclocking needs, so I looked into the lil chipset fans (orb series) and allot of people said they are not allot (if any) better then stock cooling, the best solution is a low profile fan on it, and drill 2 holes through it to make it fit, here's a picture of the model im trying to find,

1765.jpg

I would have no probs bending some fins and then drilling the holes, and I really like that one and it seems tested the best on their web site.. Thing is, I've looked through PriceWatch many times now and can't find the store that sells these, if anyone knows where I can get it please let me know...

Specifications: Thermaltake A1765

Thanks for any help/comments :)

I'm drilling holes in the heatsink dude, not the card, cant do any damage.. here's a pic of a 9500 with the same solution I have...

Look closely and you can see what im talking about, theres already 2 holes on the card that im going to be using, just gotta bend 2 fins for each hole, then drill and add screws, I've looked into the ones you reccomended, both the Zalman and the ThermalTake, I don't really like the heatsink all around it, especially b/c it doesn't cool the memory, I've looked closely, the heatpipe thing is a lil pipe (or more) that run from the gpu side to the other side which supposedly gets the hot air from one side to another, these do not touch the ram, and I'm buying ramsinks for my ram since there's none on it at all and I can't really oc' the ram allot...

post-5-1054694746_thumb.jpg

Filer, why not just get a massive air conditioning unit and blow it into your comp, or on a more serious note you could actually run it through (can be done).

Water cooling a suggestion at all? Esepcially for your overclocking needs... Bit of a pain but is effective.

XPerties why would you want that thing around your card?! Its like something engulfing it... "Wheres ya card gone?!" -"My heatsink eat it" :)

lol, I have all the fans my case can hold, 2 in front blowing in and 2 blowing out at the cpu, theres even another one in my psu above my cpu that sucks hot air out through my psu then out of my case.. And don't think it's possible to have a big fan blowing in extra (check my case by clicking sig), I don't get why people don't like this mod..It's very easy to drill 2 holes through then using the 2 that are already on the card to put 2 screws with a washer and nut on each end...

Watercooling, no, don't trust it though there are many nice kits out there, maybe in about a year or so.. I'm still satisfied anough with my air cooling..

XPerties why would you want that thing around your card?! Its like something engulfing it... "Wheres ya card gone?!" -"My heatsink eat it"  :)

rofl rofl...hahahahahaha

Where the card go? where did what card goooooooooooooo