[Help] - Networking Problem

No6

This is weird, haven't seen it before. I shared a couple of drives on my main PC to be accessed by the laptop. I also maped those in the laptop. However, when I open the drives/folders from the laptop, I only get a partial directory listing. I open folders that look empty but in actuality, they're not. The contents are there and I can see them on the PC, but the laptop is blind to them. There is no pattern that I can distinguish.

Any idea what may be causing this? I'm not necessarily looking for an answer, a shove in some direction would be appreciated too.

Title Edited - Please follow new posting rules from now on.

--Zxian

NTFS rigths are okay ? Attributes of files/folders are okay too ?

Yes, that's the first thing that I checked. That's why it's driving me up the wall. No rationale behind it. I rebooted both units, no change.

I had this problem on my company network when we installed our SAN system. All of my users were unable to see random directories in the share, and it would always be different for every person. (Files would not show either) -- We actually had to get microsoft involved and they provided a private patch that resolved our issue. KB896427-v2 to be exact. See if you can get ahold of that, it may help with your problem.