1900+

dirtwarrior

If you want to know how to make the most of that board you should check out this forum. Becareful about those 1GB DDR modules...I think 512MB is the max size per DIMM on the K7S5A. As far as overclocking goes I think the "honeyX" BIOS is what you want (see forum I linked to for more info).

Is that XP 1900+ chip a tbred B core? If it is then you should have some good old fashioned overclocking fun in your near future. If the chip is a palamino or tbred A core, you should still be able to get some increase in speed, but dont expect tbred B style overclocks from it.

Edit: To get a big overclock, you will need to unlock the CPU though

Edited by ssmokee

Having a lot of experience with this board, I can confirm that the FSB should be showing in the bios as 133.

As the board supports with SD or DDR (but not both), then 2 x 512 of PC2100 would be ideal. I wouldn't get faster memory, or generic no-name stuff, good branded memory.

The latest ECS bios should be fine, the HoneyX BIOS, whilst good for tweaking, doesn't really get that much more out of the board, and the board itself doesn't like being overclocked a great deal. The fastest I had mine was at 148 (296), which wasn't too stable, and 145 (290) stable. But performance didn't improve enough to warranty the extra load on the CPU.