I can't see the Repair Option anymore

hey guyz, sometimes I just need to Repiar my corrupted unbootable windows in which every program still work

without the need for a fresh install ,I mean here the Repair option not the crappy Recovery Console

BTW, I've searched ;)

this is my relevant winnt.sif

[Data]
AutoPartition=0
MsDosInitiated = 0
UnattendedInstall = Yes
AutomaticUpdates=yes

[Unattended]
Repartition=No
UnattendMode = FullUnattended
UnattendSwitch = Yes
OemPreinstall = Yes
OemSkipEula = Yes
WaitForReboot = No
TargetPath = "\Windows"
DriverSigningPolicy = Ignore
NonDriverSigningPolicy = Ignore
Hibernation=No
OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\Si3112r;Drivers\Si3112;"

I C , I think the chance of repairing still from inside windows by (Upgrading) of course if I have Corp or Retail version of XPSP2

which definitly a small % in which that corrupted windows still boot to do the repair from inside ;)

Edited by Wesmosis

I C , I think the chance of repairing still from inside windows by (Upgrading) if course if I hv Corp or Retail version of XPSP2

which definitly a small % in which that corrupted windows still boot to do the repair from inside ;)

sorry I don't understand, too complicate for my french's brain ^^

Edited by sonic

I C , I think the chance of repairing still from inside windows by (Upgrading) if course if I hv Corp or Retail version of XPSP2

From the sounds of it, i don't think he can get into windows...

also, boot into the recover console, and make sure it finds your copy of windows...ie, it should give you a list of all the copies of windows it finds and ask you to choose between then, and then it will ask you for the ADMIN password...

if that DOESN'T happen, then your MBR is corrupted and you need to do some messing around to get it working...

if you need help, you can PM me, i've had to do that before...

• 1 month later...

Can you post winnt.sif file from that disk? I want also the repair option.

I know there must be some way to do it. The XP cd that ships with most newer Dell Dimension desktops works like a regular cd, with Repair and Recovery console options, while still containing a winnt.sif file.