dose the tcpip.sys need to be patched in 2k3?

kurt476

Hi friends, i am woundering if windows 2003 enterprise needs TCPIP.SYS needs to be patch for UNLIMITED concurrent TCP connect attempts like windows xp?

well dose this need to be?

Edited by kurt476

As long as a valid connection is being established then nothing is being limited. The limit prevents worms and viruses from bogging down your server by preventing them from creating more than 10 connection attempts at a time. As long as the user/workstation has access then a valid, full connection should be established fairly quick.

okay for the informations nmX.Memnoch.

But for example, if you use the ed2k network, the clients can exceed the limit of 10 (you can check it in eventlog ...). To avoid this, apply this patch and your eventlog keep clean during ed2k network usage.

Goodbye.

If you use eMule you can tell the application not to allow more than a set number of half-open connections (I have mine at 9)...which will also keep your event log clean without replacing system level DLLs.

Since he's talking about a server operating system I would assume he would want it up and running as much as possible. Replacing system-level DLLs is a good way to start causing stability and reliability problems.