Meedio

MCT

hey all, ive found this program Meedio its like windows media center edition, with ALOT of plugins/themes, anyways, i can install the initial app just fine using autoit (cuz of all the popup boxes for registration & such) anyways, i cant install the themes silently or plugins (they are .mpp) i can get them to launch and stuff but im not REALLY good with autoit, so i cant get the controlclick thing, maybe some1 can help me :P

i need to

launch program

then click button "install"

then wait til button "close" is there

then click it :P

can some1 help?

button install = Tbutton3

Button close = Tbutton4

its the timing thing im having problems with

Edited by MCT

I don't know about the scripts but thanks a lot for bringing this program to my attention lol. This is a bloody great program. I already have the remote, but never installed MCE. It even has torrent plugin lol. woot.

• 1 month later...

Meedio is a GREAT program. :thumbup:thumbup Sure beats being "LOCKED" in to only certain things "mce". :angry: Sorry can't help alot with the silent install stuff. I really don't think you can with the plugins though. I used the product prior to meedio "myHTPC" it was a great program RIP.

jd

I got MediaPortal install silently and it works perfect :)

http://www.team-mediaportal.com/

I know thats not helping you, but I thought I'd suggest it

:thumbup

it automounts iso's on daemontools and play them..... love it , and OPENSOURCE

Medio isnt free

There is a basic version of Meedio that IS free. You'll have to check it out to see if it has enough functionality for you. Otherwise, the full version of Meedio Essentials is well worth the price. :thumbup

Thanks,

jawgee

ya lol, its cool :D i wish i could get the installation to work, its 1 of those programs too that installs a bunch a files i think to about 20 areas, like nero 7 :P

Not sure how automated you guys want your silent install to be, but Meedio along with pre-configured, uh, configuration can be installed onto a new computer somewhat easily. If you set up Meedio to your specs on a computer & then follow the steps outlined in the below post, you should be able to install Meedio silently.

http://www.meedio.com/forum/about28229.htm...all+copy+folder

Not sure how this all works with different TV tuners being installed in the source vs. the destination PC, but you should at least be able to set up Meedio Essentials to your tastes.

Feel free to post in the Meedio forums for some help from the awesome Meedio community members! :D

Good luck,

jawgee

Edited by jawgee

I got MediaPortal install silently and it works perfect :)

http://www.team-mediaportal.com/

I know thats not helping you, but I thought I'd suggest it :)

:thumbup

it automounts iso's on daemontools and play them..... love it , and OPENSOURCE

Medio isnt free :}

Meedio will work with daemontools. There are ALOT of players out there that will work with Meedio and I am sure the same holds true to Media Portal. Media Portal is good, I have tried a few different versions of it. I could not get it setup the way I wanted to play nice with everything else. The other good point with Meedio is the fact there are close to 300 (262 to be EXACT) different plugins that ARE FREE or cheap shareware. I came from back when myHTPC was the big thing and waited until a ROCK SOLID version of Meedio would work on my machine, then I bought it with the special xmas price. Again Media Portal is GOOD and yes it is open source. But Meedio has quite abit more to offer in the way of plugins.

Home Theatre System

MOBO: Abit AN7 CPU: AMD 3200XP

RAM: 512 Megs Ram Vid. Capture: PVR 250

VGA: MSI X6600GT ViVo

DVD Player: Sony DDU1615

DirectTV: RCA 486 Satellite Reciever

MITSUBISHI WS-A55

Edited by 03GrandAmGT

*commercial use requires licensing

So cant use without licence , and ist not a default setting but more like a plugin.

Im still not convinced.

Dude,

Commercial meaning.

com·mer·cial Audio pronunciation of "commercial" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (k-mûrshl)

adj.

1. Of or relating to commerce: a commercial loan; a commercial attaché.

2. Engaged in commerce: a commercial trucker.

3. Involved in work that is intended for the mass market: a commercial artist.

2. Of, relating to, or being goods, often unrefined, produced and distributed in large quantities for use by industry.

3. Having profit as a chief aim: a commercial book, not a scholarly tome.

4. Sponsored by an advertiser or supported by advertising: commercial television.

This guys plugin DOES NOT require you to buy it or REGISTER it in fact. And I am not here to CONVINCE YOU! This whole thread was about OTHER people WHO MIGHT be interested in the software. OBVIOUSLY your NOT!! 95% of all the Meedio plugins are "SHAREWARE/DONATION WARE" and you will find that even HERE at MSFN. So if your happy with Media Portal that's GREAT, like I said earlier. "I tried Media Portal and could just not get it to work with ALL of my external equpment.

Off to have a beer. :thumbup:thumbup

jd

Wel i tried it again and downloaded some plugins on their site.

But gues what ... it tried to gave me a virus....

No more meedio for me......

post-5418-1138929682_thumb.jpg

Edited by muiz