c&c generals zero hour lag

angel0104

hi! i've installed c&c generals zero hour on my machine and played skirmish. it lags a log during playtime.

i mean like it will ran so slow!!! my specs: a64 3200+@2.2, 2gb RAM, 512 x800xl.

the former c&c generals ran fine and fast --- real fast even with all high settings. but zero hour seems to lag a lot even on network games. at start it rans fast but as the game progessess -- the map get filled up, it slows down 'til like 2fps. how do i ease the lagging? thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

ok i have the same problem over hear and its freaking me out.

i logged the game.dat during skirmish play and noticed that cpu usage go over 90% since you start the game.i downloaded the patch 1.4 but gets an error : "invalid patch file".

i tried google and found out that there is a problem with scripting file of the game and there is an small unofficial fix that fixs the problem bur it seems like that google links for the file are all dead.

so if anyone can help please help,im dying in here . i wanna try a cool mod named contra.

thanks.

my guess is overheating. use speedfan or everest and try to figure out just how hot it is before you play and how hot is when it start to lag like that. you might have to invest in some better cooling.

That's if thermal throttling is supported and enabled. AMD processors usually have corruption and crash if overheating.

It's more likely because the game is badly written. :(

Edited by RJARRRPCGP

• 3 weeks later...

You guys might want to visit the following link as there a strong comunity here: www.cannis.net

Specifically, someone might be able to help ya with the probs by posting in the following board:

http://www.cannis.net/forum/index.php?showforum=10

but search the whole forum first I'd say :)

[you'll find me on there as the same handle too]

Cheers

Nath