Broadband tweak for XP..maybe

BAH

Do they still have service in the US?...whats thier website...if not does anyone have recomendations for Cable in the good ol' US of A?

thankx

-drew

Update:[/size:a9b59dd183]

Do they still have service in the US[/quote:a9b59dd183]

I found the web site...and they dont offer it in my area

DOH

well soes anyone have any suggestions..i live in California,USA

-drew

You may have the biggest but I have the coolest looking! Too bad I can't post a picture because they have discontinued it! What great news for me!

Anyway, I get about the same d/l speed as BAH and I use Knology internet. It's a local deal so I'm not sure who they use for backbone.

Rick

Well since I have no woman anymore I have more money so as of today I placed a order for DSL which I have the option of picking 640 down/160 up or I can have 340 down/340 up. Which one do you think I should go with. Ive had cable for ahwile so the down speed hasnt really bothered me, but is 340 a bad move? What is that in kb/s, you know what we see when were downloading? Oh desisons desisons...:confused :confused

-XPerties

Guest LouCypher

Well since I have no woman anymore I have more money so as of today I placed a order for DSL which I have the option of picking 640 down/160 up or I can have 340 down/340 up. Which one do you think I should go with. Ive had cable for ahwile so the down speed hasnt really bothered me, but is 340 a bad move? What is that in kb/s, you know what we see when were downloading? Oh desisons desisons...:confused :confused

-XPerties [/quote:822c52128f]

I'd go with the 640/160. Then again I leech a lot off of Usenet. I don't thing you'd be viewing any 512kb streams with the 340/340, not that there are a lot out there, but I'd always want mroe down than up unless I run a server, but that's a different beast entirely.

Well since I have no woman anymore I have more money so as of today I placed a order for DSL which I have the option of picking 640 down/160 up or I can have 340 down/340 up. [/quote:5aefad15ea]

So Xperties..you tell me cable is the s***...and now your geting DSL!? whats up? whats the best,cheepest? etc.

-drew

Cable is the s*** compared to what you are on now....But keep in mind if choosing between cable or DSL ....cable is a shareed bandwith, so if alot of people in your neighborhood has it your speed will go down at certain times than others.....Now DSL is always the same as you are on a main line to the server and dont share your bandwith. Which is cheeper, Well you tell me? It all depends what the cost is in your area.Really do some research and make calles to the providers in your area.

-XPerties

lol not if i can help it BAH. im bugged, you pay £20 a month for a faster line?? i pay £25 a month for normal speed.. maybe cos im paying for a £100 modem via my monthly payments? is it cheaper if i won my modem then or just cos your a jammy git or your humping an NTL sales girl ( or, by some of your recent posts maybe an NTL sales shemale ROFL :rofl )

ill have to look into this... more power.. can only be a good thing :)

you were spying on my conversation with El1TE...:eek:

I was paying £20 for a 512k, but they are doing a trial on the 1meg connection up here and im on it...

shagging the ntl girl not for the want of trying