HFSLIP Holiday Party

fdv

Hey folks, HFSLIP holiday party in New Jersey...

So far we've got FDV, tommyp and saugatak coming.

We know most folks are international, but we wanted to announce it so everyone could see it -- if you'll be in northern NJ from the 26th -30th, somewhere in there we'll be meeting (where, we don't know yet) probably in a low-key setting like a bar for a few eggnogs and whatnot.

(Then, I go to my in-laws, Saug visits his family, and tommyp goes back to finishing his antimatter device.)

Allrightie, the guest list is small!

That's okay, we'll raise a glass and toast Oleg and os2fan2

TommyP, saugatak -

Tuesday, December 28th

TommyP, you post the location

Edited by fdv

When I think of Christmas, one of the things that pops into my head is beer and wings served by waitresses in nice short shorts. How does Hooters sound? Its located on Route 17 South in Paramus. PM me for directions.

Christmas is summer holidays here. I should be thinking of you all here while i swelter in the 95°F temperture.

Still, i do like the idea of being to cull out and otherwise fix windows. Kind of like UPDCD for OS/2. (but made more difficult by the obscuring of the process) :)

Wen

australia, huh? pretty cool.

question: no matter WHAT i do i cannot create an INF that works with BartPE to get Partition Magic 8.xx functional. no matter what it says its unregistered. i have saved registration data in the files and it imports but seems to make zero difference. appreciate any info you can send (searched 911 forums and saw your post). sorry for the aside :D back to our regularly scheduled thread.

Edited by fdv

question: no matter WHAT i do i cannot create an INF that works with BartPE to get Partition Magic 8.xx functional. no matter what it says its unregistered. i have saved registration data in the files and it imports but seems to make zero difference. appreciate any info you can send (searched 911 forums and saw your post).

Why don't you use DOS version of PM? All files needed can be placed on one 1.4 MB floppy :) I run a few floppy images from multiboot CD and it's very convinient.

Edited by Oleg_II

Hi fdv

this works for either powerquest or norton version of PQMAGIC. Just dink the strings section for the correct maker.

Wendy

; PE Builder v3 plug-in INF file for Nu2Menu
; PowerQuest PartitionMagic v8.01 Plugin
; http://www.powerquest.com/partitionmagic/

[Version]
Signature= "$Windows NT$"

[PEBuilder]
Name="FDISK: PowerQuest PartitionMagic v8.01"
Enable=1
Help="PMagic8.htm"

[WinntDirectories]
a="Programs\PMagic8",2

[SourceDisksFiles]
pqmagic8\PartInNT.exe=a,,1
pqmagic8\PMagicNT.exe=a,,1
pqmagic8\PTEDIT32.EXE=a,,1
pqmagic8\About.pqg=a,,1
pqmagic8\Splash.pqg=a,,1
pqmagic8\PQPB.RTC=a,,1
pqmagic8\License.txt=a,,1

[Strings]
; PQMAGIC=PowerQuest\PartitionMagic\8.0
PQMAGIC=Symantec\Norton PartitionMagic\8.0

[Software.AddReg]
;The follwing three lines are for registration information,
;uncomment them and add the appropriate information.
0x1, "%PQMAGIC%\UserInfo", "Name", "xxxxxxxxxxxx"
0x1, "%PQMAGIC%\UserInfo", "Company", "xxxxxxxxx"
0x1, "%PQMAGIC%\UserInfo", "SerialNumber", "xxxxxxxxxxxx"
0x1, "%PQMAGIC%\UserInfo", "License", "License.txt"
0x1, "%PQMAGIC%\UserInfo", "VersionNumber", "80"

[Append]
nu2menu.xml, PqMagic8.nu2

Edited by os2fan2

The windows version of PQMAGIC does create and do somethings faster than the DOS version, but the thing bombs out when you start fiddling with boot drives under Windows.

It's best to have both versions, and Fred's request for a reg-key install is perfectly valid. Just stick the DOS version around too, since the Windows one uses it on occasion!

Wendy