Startup Errors

Robertson

these are not to do with windows xp.. its programs obviously which aren't install on ur pc now by the looks of it.. goto ur registry and look for the specified files/names etc and if found remove them

In the future go to Control Panel, Add-Remove Programs, and uninstall them there. Most programs also have an uninstall option in the Programs Menu. Defragment the hard drive after uninstalling or installing programs and the PC will run faster.

What program or file do you try to open to produce that error?

Is ghhle.exe on your hard drive, and what program was it for? (I've searched on google, nothing there)

If you're still unsure what registry entries to delete, change the file associations for the extension instead (if it's a file!)

edit: Just read topic after posting this, ok.. go into Start > Run > MSCONFIG and look for references to ghhle.exe in the startup tab or any of the other similar error messages you received. Delete them.

right, searched registry and i found the babies :)

thing is shall i delete them or will it cause harm to my system?

screenie here screenie

thanks

From the looks of your registry, it looks like that file belonged to one of your printers...I might be wrong...

yeh but he said these files aren't on the hdd so its safe to remove the data from the run key

Just to be safe, export that reg key first. That way, you can restore if necessary.

---from one who learned that the hard way---