Sli or no

daz98

I have a choice between motherboards. They are 3 dollars difference and the only tdifference about them is one is sli and the other is not. I was think for going for the sli one because...well obviously 2 graphic cards are better then 1 but while i was reading its specs it said:

Use 2 SLI-ready PCI Express x16 graphics cards (use identical cards)

on the PCI Express x16 slots.

In SLI mode, the bandwidth of each x16 slot works at the bandwidth of x8.

When the graphics cards are connected via the SLI bridge, it runs at x16 bandwidth

And the other one is just one pci-e 16x. With the sli one i wont be able to get both graphic cards at the same time because im going for the 7800gt. if i get one sli 7800gt is that better then the normal motherboard of one normal 7800gt.

By the way the two mother boards are:

DFI NF4 SLI INFINITY $231

DFI NF4 ULTRA INFINITY $234

Thanks

well then you recommend me a better motherboard that dosen't cost more than $250(aus) and that has better specs and takes socket 939 and still can somone tell me if sli is better then 1 if you only have one card

well i hope mine wont die either then... i'm debating weather to add $100Aus to get the DFI CROSSFIRE LanParty UT RDX200-DR where it says ati does that mean it would work better with ati products rather then the nvidia geforce 7800gt

Edited by daz98

http://www.newegg.com/ProductSort/SubCateg...p?SubCategory=7

take a look here for a case, now i know that you are not able to order from here but just look for some cases.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16811129154

this is my case, got it for 100$ w/ rebates :) and i absolutly love it, looks great too and pretty silent but nowhere for leds

mekrel%20007.jpg

mekrel%20023.jpg

Lian Li PC7SE , fantastic case with 120mm intake and exhaust :) . Best build quality since the old Coolermaster ATCS days.

Great cooling, quiet operation and not one bit of tacky plastic in sight - except for the fans ;)

That is my case, and my foot :D

Edited by Mekrel