Can I Integrate MCE into XP 64-bit Edition?

This is just a thought. I've read through the forums and found nothing on it. Did anyone every try or does anyone know if it is possible to integrate the MCE extensions into Windows XP 64-bit edition? My friend has Windows XP MCE 2005 and is using an Athlon FX processor. He managed to somehow purchase a copy of XP 64-bit. He wants the benefits of 64-bit, yet also wants to keep MCE. Is it possible to integrate or at least use MCE on XP 64-bit?

This is just a thought. I've read through the forums and found nothing on it. Did anyone every try or does anyone know if it is possible to integrate the MCE extensions into Windows XP 64-bit edition? My friend has Windows XP MCE 2005 and is using an Athlon FX processor. He managed to somehow purchase a copy of XP 64-bit. He wants the benefits of 64-bit, yet also wants to keep MCE. Is it possible to integrate or at least use MCE on XP 64-bit?

No, there is no way to run MCE on X64.

even though i haven't got a 64bit cpu to test this on, but i do think this is NOT a verry good idea.

1> the MCE - components are NOT compilled for x64 architecture.

2> the MCE - components are hoocked in windows XP kernel and runtime evn files. (where XP64 doesn't have those file but, rather 2k3server kernel components instead.

id just have to say that running, mircrosoft data-center components on xp64 would be 10times easier than running MCE.

since .net framework is available to x64 platform

i may be done

but however it will break the EULA with M$

try to run this with the "medctr.inf" frm MCE with MCE disc

"rundll32 setupapi.dll,InstallHInfeSection Freestyle 128 medctr.inf"

if nothing happens look inside the MedCtrOc.log in WINDOWS directory

the main problem is that MCE require PID to start with 365 ie XXXXX-365-XXXX.....

other wise it will not star installation

try and checkout it works or not

YES!

It's possible to Run MCE2005 in XP/2003 x64 versions, I have Installed It in my brother's AMD64 Based Windows XP x64.

MCE do not require any PID ,but only require the system is "MediaCenter Installed" :P

so the way is same as my "Windows XP/2003 Ultimate Edition"...I will tell you how to install it about X'MAS, :hello::P:D

You know, it occurs to me that even if we do bolt MCE into XP x64 edition, there's virtually no point as there are no x64 remote control drivers are there?

Be like adding a set of hybrid car batteries for a hybrid car in a full gas powered car... Doesn't work right if you can't properly connect them togehter....