Win98se Boot CD

ghforlife

I've built a bootable win98 cd and what i would like to know is, How do you change the autoexec.bat file to format your hhd before you install the OS!

What i need is an example of a Autoexec.bat file with format.com in it. Also what changes do you do to the cofig file if any.

My system has two cdroms and one hhd that is split into one with 59gigs and the other with 51gigs.

If you use a program to extract the boot image that normally boots

a genuine 98se CD you'll find what you're looking for, If you can't

extract it , i'll paste a rapidshare link for you here to download one.

It runs the oemsetup.exe which will both partition & format C: drive.

The win98se that I have boot's up, but what I won't is to change the (Autoexec.Bat File so that when the cd boots it will format my HHD Automatically with me haveing to type in (format c:). I can edit autoexec.bat but I just don't know how and where to put the word format in the file, on what line?? So if you can show me by pasting a autoexec.bat file useing two cdroms and one hhd with two part. one with 59gig and the other at 51gig,, first hhd C: the other D: then the two cdroms E: & F: Please do that if you can...

So far your the only help i've gotten after posting in 10 different Forms in the past week or so.

Thank You so much.....

Edited by ghforlife

Well, you are STRONGLY advised NOT to do so, (I mean making Format work with NO confirmation) as it could lead, if you or any other people boots from that CD, to automatically format the hd! :w00t:

But if you really want to do so, you need to insert the line:

ECHO Y | format  C:

if you want to keep the confirmation, all you need is

format  C:

it does not matter where you put the line, as long it is AFTER your PATH statement (if the format.com file is not in the root directory of the floppy image)

If you also want to run a fdisk, you could use the FREEDOS fdisk, which is completely scriptable:

http://www.23cc.com/free-fdisk/

Please note that this applies ONLY to a "custom made" bootable Windows 98 install CD, normal CD's work as K e n suggested, you should look for "Unattended install", like here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=40303

and linked to other threads

jaclaz

P.S.: If you post YOUR autoexec.bat, I will be happy to show you where it is better to insert the command

Edited by jaclaz