Best Motherboard Chipset?

DigeratiPrime

Best Motherboard Chipset?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who makes the best motherboard Chipsets?

• nVidia
    • VIA
    • SIS
    • Intel

Hi,

If you work in a corporate environment and use a sensible method to build PC's (i.e. RIS) I can't see why you'd go with anything but Intel. The others have either had flaky variants over the years (anyone remember waiting for an "A" version of a VIA release?) or the drivers are just difficult to get working unattendly on a varied hardware base (NVidia for instance - check out Bashrat's driver pack forum for more on that!).

Cheers,

Andy

True words in a corporate,or manufacturing world.Take boeing,GM,Ford all use intel

based PC's ,and upgrade on a new NT build basis.

But for pure user none headache + money spent at this moment it will always be AMD + Nvidia board.

Btw you 4got Ali and ATI

Nforce 4 chipsets are just amazing, period.

Idk why anyone would say intel. They make for a very stable board yes, but they are nothing special. Remember they pushed for rambus which when benchmarked was barely faster than pc133 and ddr 266 ruined it which is sad for a 800mhz chip.

VIA can be a close second I suppose they are cheaper than Nforce and they now support dual memory and after all they have been making chipsets for a long time.

Edited by oofki

• 2 weeks later...

I voted VIA as I havent used anything else for so long, I haven't had any probs with this chipset. Ive read all the horror stories in the early days of people cursing VIA, and me sitting back thinking , I dont have this or that problem. But then again maybe I was lucky, coz I had to reformat about once a week after I broke something in windows, :blink: ,