Windows2000: eventlog WMI-ADAP and Perfdisk

murvun

Windows 2000

WMI-ADAP & Perfdisk

=================================================

Fehlermeldung:

WMI-ADAP konnte die Leistungsbibliothek "PerfDisk" aufgrund einer Zeitüberschreitung in Funktion "open" nicht verarbeiten.

Lösung:

1. EXCTRLST.ZIP von ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/reskit/win2000/ herunterladen und entpacken
  2. EXCTRLST.EXE starten
  3. perfdisk.dll markieren und den Haken bei "Performance Counters Enabled" entfernen.

Nun meine Frage: Ist das ein Problem von hfslip oder weil meine Netzwerkkarten (WLAN und Kupfer) nicht benutzt werden? Hat noch jemand diesen Eintrag im Ereignisprotokoll?

Ich glaube, bis diese Zeitüberschreitung abgelaufen ist, werden keine anderen Dienste gestartet - wie zum Beispiel Antivir, usb-Manager, und so weiter.

Danke.

=================================================

errormessage:

WMI-ADAP could not parse library "PerfDisk" due to timeout in function "open".

solution:

1. download and extract EXCTRLST.ZIP from ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/reskit/win2000/
  2. run EXCTRLST.EXE
  3. mark perfdisk.dll and uncheck "Performance Counters Enabled"

Now my question: is that problem hfslip-only? or because of missing network-connections? (i have 2 real network-cards - unused and 2 virtual cards) anyone else with this problem? please check your log-files.

I think due to timeout some other services (antivir, usb-manager) start delayed.

Thanks.

I'm 99% sure it's because of "missing network-connections". My previous motherboard had dual LAN of which one connector wasn't used. The error messages stopped when I disabled the unused LAN device. My current board has single LAN but these errors reappear when the network cable is disconnected.

Disable the unused devices and see if the error messages keep coming.

• 2 years later...

Here is some info for the namespace problem.

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/cook/problems.htm

I've copied the details here for future reference.

WMI Namespace Error: When you install Service Pack 1 you may find that you get the following error: "WMI ADAP failed to connect to namespace \\.\root\cimv2\MS_809 with the following error: 0x8004100e". This appears to be a bug in SP1. You can resolve the problem by uninstalling SP1, or by replacing all the updated versions of the file winmgmt.exe on your system with the original version in the C:\WINNT\$NtServicePackUninstall$ folder and rebooting. If you have the WMI service running, you will have to stop it first in order to be able to overwrite the file. You may also wish to simply rename the original files, to avoid overwriting them: you can then reverse the operation easily if you encounter any problems.