[HOWTO] give runonceex royaltheme skin

Any chance of using the Royal Theme the first time RunOnceEx is executed?

Maybe slipstream into XP and using the winnt.sif?

if you dont use my way as if described in the first post, you will NOT see the royaltheme skinned windows during runonceex. slipstream into xp there is no need, just place it in $OEM$ and it will copied at the beginning of the whole setup. also winnt.sif specified theme dont works BEFORE the firstboot.

if you dont use my way as if described in the first post, you will NOT see the royaltheme skinned windows during runonceex. slipstream into xp there is no need, just place it in $OEM$ and it will copied at the beginning of the whole setup. also winnt.sif specified theme dont works BEFORE the firstboot.

I think i'm going to proof you wrong. My RunOnceEx is not working at the moment, but I put the theme files in the $$ OEM directory and used the WINNT.SIF and the first boot did use the royal theme. If I have more time I'll fix my RunOnceEx en post the code I used.

I think i'm going to proof you wrong. My RunOnceEx is not working at the moment, but I put the theme files in the $$ OEM directory and used the WINNT.SIF and the first boot did use the royal theme. If I have more time I'll fix my RunOnceEx en post the code I used.

i am talking about "BEFORE the firstboot", meaning during windowssetup and during WPIsetup (runonceex is a part of WPIsetup) you will not see any themes. but be my guest and proof it to me :)

Edited by SolidasRock

i am talking about "BEFORE the firstboot", meaning during windowssetup and during WPIsetup (runonceex is a part of WPIsetup) you will not see any themes. but be my guest and proof it to me :)

I'm not using WPI, so I guess you are right. I just wanted a nice theme during a "normal" RunOnceEx eand while searching I found this thread (and didn't read all of it:wacko:). I use cmdlines.txt to execute a vbs file that sets all the registry entries, and wheb RunOnceEx is executed it's fully "themed", but that's at firstboot.

I'm not using WPI, so I guess you are right. I just wanted a nice theme during a "normal" RunOnceEx eand while searching I found this thread (and didn't read all of it:wacko:). I use cmdlines.txt to execute a vbs file that sets all the registry entries, and wheb RunOnceEx is executed it's fully "themed", but that's at firstboot.

i am not sure if i do understand you right, when you talking about firstboot, do you see for example the startbutton in the left corner? if no, why dont you use my way which is much easier? add the regtweaks to cmdlines.txt, no need for vbs scripts, if yes, why dont you use winnt.sif? again no need for vbs scripts...

• 3 weeks later...

I make an sfx file with winrar that contains my themes and then put the entrie into svcpack like this for example if you have the sfx file configured to run totally silent then all you have to enter is "themes.exe"

under [setupHotfixesToRun] if you need assistance building the sfx file I will gladly help you do that to.

Plus it SAVES A LOT of space my theme files are 13.3 megs compressed and 245megs uncompressed.

I understud what you want telle me.

I get other questin give me pach what you use in your theme.sfx.exe for example Windows\Resources\Themes\some name theme and you need file theme beefor wos theme mysstyles convert to sfx yes.

Next whot you write in your winnt.sif file

[shell]

CustomDefaultThemeFile = "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\Some.theme"

DefaultStartPanelOff = no

THX for your answer

Edited by Yurek3

• 2 months later...

Long time since anything happend in this topic.... However I use the royale theme and apply it through [shell] CustomDefaultThemeFile in winnt.sif, but ofcourse that does not apply and make the RunOnceEx window after WPI to appear with the royale theme.

Do I need to alter this CustomDefaultThemeFile entry when I use this regfile? I'm guessing it is not needed as the .reg file applies the theme???

Please reply. Thank you.

thats probably why it wont work for me

I've integrated mine during right before DetachedProgram (which is T-39) and SVCPACK on seperate occassions. I also used $OEM$ folders way back in the day. All three methods worked fine for me.

Anyway, the time at which you integrate your themes shouldn't be affected by his script. I think it's probably more along the lines of his script, in general. It would probably be best to integrate the theme using an IF/DO statement. I just don't know the DO part to load a theme silently.