How hot Is To Hot ?

bigweld

Hi guys I'm back again .... :thumbup

I have just built a new rig.. P4 3.0D ...

I need to have a question answered about the running temp.... CALLING ALL DUAL CORE P4 OWNERS...!

Whats your idle temp and then at 100 CPU temp?

I feel that my CPU is running to hot. :blink:

My CPU is idle @ 46/49C and 62/64C @ full load

I am using the big typhoon heat sink :thumbup i would think that using this monster it would run cooler.

i have 2 80mm case fans.....

one in the front pulling and one in the back pushing air.... that's it other than the PSU fan and that one pulls air out to...

so what do you think the problem is? :huh:

I am using artec5 on the CPU . not to much.. not to little..

i have P4 2,8 Ghz with hyperthreading (this do you means with dualcore?) and it is now 33C after 4 hours gaming. this is because i have buyed a good cooling case. i use at the front 8 cm and at the back 12 CM fan,in the sidepanel is a hole so the cpu get cold fresh air directly from outside. the cpu is cooled with a standard intelcooler.

the name of my case is coolermaster cavalier T03. but there are so many good cooling cases....

now it is 26C. stressed at 100% i am not sure but i believe 55C, i have to verify that.

:)

Edited by SolidasRock

i still don't know ....

it still seems like its to hot... and when it gets up to 64C it seems slower......

I think that its lowering it clock speed to control heat.... and that's not what i want... a slower cpu....8(

P4 with HT is not dual core.Do you know if you have a Prescott SolidasRock? If it is a Prescott then expect really high temperatures. I have a Prescott in my laptop and I hate it because it is so **** hot and clock for clock it is slower than a Northwood.

P4 with HT is not dual core.Do you know if you have a Prescott SolidasRock? If it is a Prescott then expect really high temperatures. I have a Prescott in my laptop and I hate it because it is so **** hot and clock for clock it is slower than a Northwood.

i am sorry, i have used CPU-Z and it tell me i have a northwood.