starcraft ghost delays

iron_guard

• 3 weeks later...

didn't they start trying to change the premise of the game (i thought i read something about it on Penny arcade way back when...)?

but i can say, even if it flops i hope they release it, i mean how long has duke nukem forever been in dev (or for that matter how manny engines have they used) and never released it.

I hope that it stays true to the original series - that was great stuff - and really hard with brood war [multiplayer/skirmish style games that is].

Its probably many things which is why the delays - but i *think* it could be lack of developer/producer/dist interest and possibly funding too. So many factors to consider in game development - from its "idea" to seeing it "on the shelf".

IMO that is :D

Nath

IMO this is due to 3 possible reasons:

i) The game is yet to be finished (sucky programmers, beta testing, bug removing etc)

ii) They are waiting for major breakthrough in hardware stuffs to be able to fully utilise most recent technologies. (like war3)

iii) Its a marketing tactic (bit like war3 again)

Also much of the original blizzard developement team left or so I heard.

man, it always made me sort of happy that they never kept going with starcraft. i mena its been like 8 years and its still for sale in futurehsop or bestbuy or wherever. i mean that game is GOOD. the BEST. i dunno, when they pump sequels out year after year, it subtracts, ya know? from the experience. feels too corporate. but i think eight years is long enough. i want starcraft ghost NOW.