slimming down XP Pro Source

hougtimo

Hi,

i am in need of a list of files that can be safely deleted from the i386 folder of the XP Pro source. I know there are a load of dos apps in there that are never used etc..

I did find a post about it on this forum, about a month ago, and have not been able to find it again :( , I have done loads of searches for it, and spend all day looking.

so, If any1 could point me to that post, or similar, i would be very greatfull.

It is deleting files BEFORE installation in the source im after, not once XP is installed.

thanks

tim

lmao, still getting mentioned. I don't have much interest in continuing on with that. Anyway, here is the link. Maybe I will work on it again, dunno though. Thanks, MCT for that, takes only a mention to feel good about many hours spent again. :)

Hougtimo, I will recommend you just sit back and be patient for future versions of nLite, seeing as Nuhi adds something new to the Remove List each time. I wouldn't recommend you using your time to go over lists to throw in 20+ DLLs when it doesn't really give you any performance boost. But, I understand. I once was obsessed with files. Cheers. :hello:

The reason i want to go through all the source files is that I am creating a custm versio of windows xp. it is currently at beta 2.

the aim of the project is to have a reasonably small install, while keeping most of the functionality of windows, mainly aimed at developers and people ith older pcs.

anyway,

thanks for your help ppl!

cheers

tim