Big problem! help!

SuperSniper

I have recently bought a new PC and i didnt want to install everything again so i connected my old hard drive into that pc and set it as Master. I then un-plugged the Hard drive that came with the PC. I then try to boot up my PC and it goes through the usual boot process untill it gets to the screen before the log-in that says "Windows XP Home Edition" and it has the loading bar. Normally The PC goes onto the loading screen but instead it just reboots. I tried it again thinking that it was just a one off but once again it reboots.

I have checked the BIOS and it has recognised the hard drive and i have tried many other things but i just have no idea whats wrong! I really want this PC to work with my old hard drive and soon!

Please can anyone help or give any suggestions of what may be wrong. Maybe its me doing something wrong but anyway just let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Dan.

Edited by SuperSniper

Also I would like to add another point. My old hard drive was installed into a Dell PC. When i got this PC it had Windows 2000 as the default OS. I then found and installed an Operating System CD (Win XP Home Edition) that came with my HP Laptop. This CD was "Only for distribution with an HP or Compaq PC".

It has run fine on my Dell over the years but could this affect it going onto my new PC?

Just something i have thought back onto but just want to know if this could cause the conflict?