Pals of Mine freaked out from the worm-like Message!

plz guyz

is there any way to hide the restart window with countdown to 0?

some friends of mine, called and told me that my uAXPSP2 CD has got a balster worm! of course they are newbies and kinda (Idiots!) then how come a blsater restart your somputer only once and then the windows start normally :)

however, any help in this?

this is my reboot.cmd:

cmdow @ /HID

shutdown.exe -r -f -t 60 -c "Windows XP will now restart in 60 Seconds..."

net user aspnet /delete

EXIT

you can fake counter by the ping command ...

@echo off
net user aspnet /delete
cls
echo Reboot in few seconds/minutes ....
ping -n 30 127.0.0.1 >NUL
shutdown.exe -r -f -t 00

EXIT

ps: net user before reboot !

• 5 weeks later...

You can run this instead of the shutdown command. It's just a batch file converted to exe using QBFC with the following command:

shutdown.exe -r -f -t 00

What Sonic was saying is that you can use the ping command as a timer, since it will ping once per second for you. Set it to do that for 30 times, and you won't need the Shutdown window to appear.

shutdown2.7z

• 2 weeks later...

How about an AutoIt script to get the job done?

AutoItSetOption("TrayIconHide", 1)
AutoItSetOption("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)
BlockInput(0)

SplashTextOn("", "" & @CRLF & "Installation completed successfully!" & @CRLF & "", 275, 58, -1, -1, 1, "Arial", 12, 12)
Sleep(2000)
SplashOff()

Sleep(1000)

SplashTextOn("", "" & @CRLF & "Restarting the machine..." & @CRLF & "", 250, 58, -1, -1, 1, "Arial", 12, 12)
Sleep(30000)
SplashOff()

Sleep(1000)

Shutdown(6)

You can compile the code (but AVG will likely have a hissy-fit) or run as a raw script [%cdrom%\\AutoIt3.exe %cdrom%\\Programs\\restart.au3].

Another AutoIt script offering:

Execute to add registry entries to run script later from HKCU\RunOnce.

#NoTrayIcon

If StringInStr($cmdlineraw, '/shutdown') Then
Sleep(10*1000)
For $i = 30 To 1 Step -5
If MsgBox(1+262144, 'Installation is fully complete', 'System Shutdown in ' & $i & ' seconds', 5) = 2 Then Exit
Next
Shutdown(6)
Exit
EndIf

$key = 'HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce'
If @Compiled Then
RegWrite($key, 'SystemShutdown', 'Reg_sz', '"' & @ScriptFullPath & '" /shutdown')
Else
RegWrite($key, 'SystemShutdown', 'Reg_sz', '"' & @AutoItExe & '" "' & @ScriptFullPath & '" /shutdown')
EndIf

Or add your own HKCU\RunOnce entries to execute the script.

#NoTrayIcon

Sleep(10*1000)
For $i = 30 To 1 Step -5
If MsgBox(1+262144, 'Installation is fully complete', 'System Shutdown in ' & $i & ' seconds', 5) = 2 Then Exit
Next
Shutdown(6)
Exit

I do not compile a single AutoIt script as blinkdt has mentioned about using AutoIt3.exe to run a Au3 script. ;)

sorry Zxain, you shutdown.exe seems like a trojan to the AVG!!!, what do you think?
It's a known issue. Some virus makers used Quick Batch File Compiler to wrap their "applications", and quite a few anti-virus companies blame the wrapper as a result (whether that's because they're too lazy to check better or because they can't check better I'm leaving in the middle). The maker of QBFC doesn't get much response from the anti-virus companies; see this thread on their user forums: http://www.abyssmedia.com/cgi-bin/iconboar...act=ST;f=9;t=35. On October 27th, 2005, Grisoft wrote back saying that they'd remove these checks from the detection rules. Yeah, right...

I've been using AVG for more than a year myself, starting from when it was supposedly "the best" free anti-virus out there, and I continued to use it when Avast took over from them. I'm seriously considering going back to Avast (which I used before AVG) because of all these "false positives".

Edited by Tomcat76