Tablaptop!

HyperHacker

http://news.com.com/Convertibles+The+new+l...tml?tag=nl.caro - why has nobody thought of this before? It's a laptop, but you can rotate the screen 180 degrees and use it as a tablet. This not only gives you the bonus of having both in one, but also, it means your laptop would have a touch screen - no more nipples or pads to move the mouse! :D (Come to think of it, why don't all laptops have touch screens for mouse movement? :P)

Those have been out for a while dude... ;)

My friend actually bought a Gateway "Convertible laptop" almost two years ago, but he returned it because the hinge was really sketchy. I know a couple of my classmates have them as well... :)

They are quite awesome as I have seen a dude take notes in my graphics class with that. I am also looking forward to some high end laptops coming out during the time of Vista that have the auxillary lcds on the lids and so on....that should be pretty awesome and useful as well!

i though that that is what tablets were... lol

but ya, those have been around a few years now

A "true" tablet PC doesn't have a keyboard. It's basically a solid block with a screen that you can write on. Silly idea if you ask me... this makes much more sense.

I wonder what the max specs are. Would be nice to have a tablet pc with a 7800 gtx mobile part in it!! And an FX proc! :w00t::blink:

You actually probably wouldn't want that. Tablet PCs are meant to be used for extended periods of time to collect notes and write documents. You definately don't need the power hungry 7800GTX or A64-FX parts in there... Centrino and onboard video do these babies just fine. My friend's convertible gets about 6 hours with wireless turned on. :)