Encarta 2005 DVD

hellokitty16

Err you are copying and making backups or are you doing this for the purpose of distribution? I doubt anyone is going to respond if you are doing the latter because as far as I know and see it, that is illegal.

you can use WinRAR to make multiple files, but I don't know if you want that, for Backup at least, this should work.

For other things, because Encarta "knows" it's origin, you cannot, and also the content's differing!

i know that you illegally downloaded the dvd iso of it and only have a cd burner, now if you cared and read the forum rules then you would have noticed rule #1. go and use common sense and you will find out how to do it.

You people are too quick to jump to conclusions. All he ask is there a way to split a DVD image to CD images, or atleast that is how I intrepret it, and to you all, he obviously must have downloaded this illegally. There can't be any possible legitimate use of splitting a DVD image to CD images. As if he wanted to install a program that is on a DVD on a computer without a DVD-ROM and didn't want to trade out the DVD-ROM on his other computer. Yeah, right. You pirated the software. No question.

What I would do is make an image of the DVD, extract the DVD image and manually create a new CD image. You should be able to Google for information on how to make ISO (or BIN/Cue) images, depending on your CD burning software.

I didnt say or believe he downloaded it, it did cross my mind, but then why would he be bothering with Encarta 2005? 2006 is out! lol :P

I reccomend the DVD Burner or just mounting the image with Daemon Tools, I dont think he will be able to split the image across several cds successfully. Its just not worth the time considering how cheap dvd burners are now.

Personally, if I had to choose between a free, slightly time-consuming making images versus buying a DVD burner, I'd choose the images. By the time the DVD burner arrives, you could've already made the images, burned the CDs and have it installed. But I'm very impatient :x

well i know that you got it illegally but ill help you out b/c im in a good mood right now. your only realy choice is to just burn all of the files to random cds, then if you wanted to install it again you would have to copy all the data on the cds to your hdd to install it. if you want to keep the image on ur hdd then just mount it with daemon tools.