Questions for users of Royale.theme

cumminbk

I have recently started using Royale theme for xp. I noticed that in a few apps that the menu bar "File.... edit .... view ect. have a white background behind them when this theme is used. Also when these menus are moused-over a white box forms around the text. Is there an updated version of this theme? did i some how install this wrong. I have reinstalled it and gotten the same effect. Does anyone else have this problem?

@turan wow that was really weird. That did fix it...do you have an explanation what caused it. Also would there be a way to perform this fix when i am using royale theme in an unattended setup as the default theme and do not wish to have to perfrom this process after boot?

I've never had any problems with the Royale theme, and I've used both the pre-release version and the final version.

For those who actually like the XP theme, royale is the same thing but better. IMHO they should have included it with XP SP2.

@turan wow that was really weird. That did fix it...do you have an explanation what caused it. Also would there be a way to perform this fix when i am using royale theme in an unattended setup as the default theme and do not wish to have to perfrom this process after boot?

A bug in the theme, it would seem. That's the best explaination I can think of, unless someone out there knows for sure what it is. As for an auto-performing fix, I am unsure there. Sorry.

I think he meant executing the .EXE that contains the theme files.

He maybe disables the service, executes the .EXE and then starts the service and apply's the new theme that he installed.

Lol. Dont ask me why, but thats what I understood! :)

As far as I remember the last time I had installed this theme it was a slight bit of a hack to get it to work for XP. Is that correct or did MS release an official upgrade for XP?

Microsoft did release Royale officially. Just Google Microsoft Royale and you'll find it.