Sattelite Images Of Bagdad

FthrJACK

Some high res, good images of bagdad here, some newer ones have war damage etc in them, others are from before the war.

this one is pretty good. the large circular structure on the right is the unkwon soldier memorial, built after the iran / iraq war. If you look just below it at the road you can see the infamous crossed swords arch. "the hands of victory"

Theres also an image showing one of saddams palaces after its been bombed out.

http://www.digitalglobe.com/gallery/baghdad/

Cool?

How about what it looks like from down the bottom? yeah i agree it does look cool tho. but im pretty miffed at our media, showing a very "sanitised" and slective form of "news reporting"

heres what war does to people not buildings, not so pretty close up is it?

*warning some images are graphic*

Gulf war dead and injured / truamatised

shows images of people from all walks of life, Iraqi and british and american victims of governments using their people they are supposed to protect to inflict horror and suffering on other innocent victims of other ruthless Governments.

People tend to agree with each other or disagree, Governments tend to kill people or exploit.

i didnt want to post that link, but i felt that people NEED to see it.

im still at odds with my own conscience over this war, in many ways it was needed, inevitable, even left till late. another part of my own mind says its not worth the cost of human life, resources, polution and world opinion of us. :)

i didnt want to post that link, but i felt that people NEED to see it.

im still at odds with my own conscience over this war, in many ways it was needed, inevitable, even left till late. another part of my own mind says its not worth the cost of human life, resources, polution and world opinion of us.  :)

Well said Tris and same here.

We should have finished what we started 12 years ago when we liberated Kuwait. We should have took Saddam and his regime out of power back then. Now that the coalition is starting their move on Bagdad lets pray for as few casualties as possible.....

Allot of these people are faking, I dunno if yall seen some of the news, last time I seen bout it on CNN was like last week where I seen a struck car and one Iraq lifting up a whole casket with one hand, is he superman?

(plz dont take my views in a wrong way, its just what I seen so far, and I don't watch tv a whole lot..)

If this situation with saddam hussein had been dealt with as Normal Schwartzkof wanted instead of listening to Colin Powell, this war wouldn't even be happening now.

Kuddos to Mr. Powell this time for staying out of the war, and cool sat images -- if you go on the pentagon site, I believe they have limsat-4 images from GPS satellites over baghdad now.

check this one out too.. scroll down and to the left as you can go. See the whole row of buildings taken out but others across from them left intact?

http://www.digitalglobe.com/gallery/baghda...il1_2003_dg.jpg

and on this one, i can see 15 bombed targets (im talking groups of buildings for some of them)

can you spot more? (beats wheres waldo anyway)

http://www.digitalglobe.com/gallery/baghda...3_lowres_dg.jpg

all the ones i see there are bombed out complex's. i see no civilian areas hit. all look like government offices, baracks, etc.