Enough annoyances already! o_O

I've been attempting to make a FullUnattend installation of Win2KPro_EN and I noticed that I've run into quite a critical problem: It's old.

I have the original ISO and I'm slipstreaming service packs and updates into new archives and running them in VMWare. After the SP4 slipstream and integrated hotfixes in this order:

KB842773

KB894320

KB893803

KB890046

KB893066

KB896358

KB896422

KB897715

KB883939

KB891861

KB901214

I receive two errors in setup:

inetcomm.dll corrupt/missing in C:\%WINDOWS%\System32

msoe.dll corrupt/missing in C:\Program Files\Outlook Express

It's not that I have a problem with Outlook express....Or these errors....I don't even use Outlook.

That's not the problem.

It's a FullUnattend! I don't want 20+ machines synchronously halting roughly 10 minutes in setup just for someone to hit the spacebar twice just to complete setup over a large network. I want the following updates integrated in my Win2K installation without any halts or issues right after Windows 2000 is deployed(if that's at all possible):

+.NET Framework 2.0

+All "critical" updates that Windows Update utility whines about post SP4 (Is there a particular order?)

+DirectX 9C Redistribution

+Internet Explorer 6 with or without SP1 (I can't find either)

+Java 2 Redistribution

+Microsoft Anti-spyware

+MSN Messenger

+Nero 6.6

+Quicktime 7

+Shockwave

+SQL Express

+Symantec Antivirus CE 10

+VB6 Runtime

+WinACE/WinRAR

+Windows Journal Update

+Windows Media Player 10

It's a lot to ask, but I was wondering if anyone could at least list the Windows 2000 updates I need and in some particular order. :)

Daemonforce for the hotfixes may I recomend using nlite

No you may not. :)

and or gurgelmeyer USP 5.0

Too big. First I need to find the full IE6 distribution package for integration. I don't know where to find the Network Installation file on Microsoft's site. :unsure:

or use something that actually slipstreams the fixes you want as well as ie6 sp1, dx9c and type 2 fixes, mp10, and makes unattended installs pretty easy. (has links to find everything you need, too--forget MSFT).

HFSLIP

Direct IE6 download (this is NOT simply a set of instructions).

Edited by fdv

In regards to downloading the full IE6 install:

http://www.petri.co.il/download_the_full_ie_package.htm

Thanks...Now I just need a way of slipstreaming IE6SP1 into a new Windows 2000 archive. I'm not going through HFSLIP because of the complications. I would be happy enough with IE6, DX9c and WMP9 slipstreamed. I'm going to look at how to replace CABs. o_O

Thanks...Now I just need a way of slipstreaming IE6SP1 into a new Windows 2000 archive. I'm not going through HFSLIP because of the complications. I would be happy enough with IE6, DX9c and WMP9 slipstreamed. I'm going to look at how to replace CABs. o_O

It's not just replacing CABs thing. Daemonforce I advise you to give HFSLIP one more try. It's not as complicated as it looks at first. Just run the script and place files in the folders that appear after first click on it according to the instructions on fdv's page. The script will integrate nearly all you want automatically (IE6 and DX9c, WMP9 should to be installed separatelly). If you don't want hot-fixes just don't use them (there is only one exception - Windows2000-KB891861-v2-x86-ENU.EXE is needed for integrating IE with this script). The script will INTEGRATE directly in the source (there won't be any install packages in any folders on your disk if you want).

It works for many users and if you have any questions or issues just ask in HFSLIP Forum, tommyp and fdv are very responsive and will help you. If you need very simple instructions I can help you also ;)

Edited by Oleg_II

It's integrated into Windows XP, there should be a way of doing the same for Windows 2000. :unsure:

It's not just replacing CABs thing. Daemonforce I advise you to give HFSLIP one more try. It's not as complicated as it looks at first. Just run the script and place files in the folders that appear after first click on it according to the instructions on fdv's page. The script will integrate nearly all you want automatically (IE6 and DX9c, WMP9 should to be installed separatelly). If you don't want hot-fixes just don't use them (there is only one exception - Windows2000-KB891861-v2-x86-ENU.EXE is needed for integrating IE with this script). The script will INTEGRATE directly in the source (there won't be any install packages in any folders on your disk if you want).

It works for many users and if you have any questions or issues just ask in HFSLIP Forum, tommyp and fdv are very responsive and will help you. If you need very simple instructions I can help you also ;)

I'm going to try this again...But it's not going to be pretty.

x_X'

It's pretty **** bad when a serious problem is a web browser...:P

Edited by Daemonforce

Daemonforce

Sorry probably I don't understand you right :blushing:

HFSLIP works for Windows 2000, Window XP and Windows 2003. I personally use it with Windows 2000 Pro English. Do you want to integrate IE and DX in Windows 2000?

After running the script on Windows 2000 and installing from the resulting NEW source you will get Windows 2000 with Internet Explorer 6 SP1, DirectX 9C and all latest hot-fixes (all are optionally).

Edited by Oleg_II

That's for installing the setup on a network drive! I want to integrate Internet Explorer 6+SP1 directly into Windows 2000 Professional!

:)

I'm talking about downloading the full IE6 install. You asked for it.

Never mind.

I'm talking about downloading the full IE6 install. You asked for it.

Never mind.

I grabbed it from my network drive. It's fine. :) Now I need to figure out why my network is crapping out.

Daemonforce

Sorry probably I don't understand you right :blushing:

HFSLIP works for Windows 2000, Window XP and Windows 2003. I personally use it with Windows 2000 Pro English. Do you want to integrate IE and DX in Windows 2000?

After running the script on Windows 2000 and installing from the resulting NEW source you will get Windows 2000 with Internet Explorer 6 SP1, DirectX 9C and all latest hot-fixes (all are optionally).

Ok I completed installation of SP4 and removed the SP4 installation path before running HFSLIP again. It seems to have worked without any errors generated. DX9C integrated, IE6 integrated, WMP9 integrated...Now I need to test this and see if I get any errors in setup. In which case I'll just remove Outlook and Internet Explorer completely. I'm sick of covering my a** at the end of every year just because of a bunch of screwups in Microsoft that can't release a single KB to be integrated without it being a hassle. I'm going to test my "SP5" ISO in VMWare now.

Oh yeah...Nice HFSLIP INFs in the i386. :P

There needs to be a better way to organize this crap so it looks like Microsoft actually released an SP5. I guess it's not going to happen until I start editing files. o_O

Edited by Daemonforce

So far so good. Nothing pops up during Start Menu Installation. During Component Registration a big black HFSLIP prompt comes up and completes the hotfix process. ;) Any way of shoving that into the background or making it run silently in an unattend? o.o

There is a small cmd-line utility that hide cmd-windows but I don't remember it's name. Something like CMDNOW.exe. You can find a link to download it on Unattended CD/DVD Guide.

But be prepaired that installation will look like frosen for a few minutes (you won't see what's actually is going on). Just wait a few minutes and it will be done.

Edited by Oleg_II