Enough annoyances already! o_O

Windows Media Player 9 didn't install. Plus the registry has signs of HFSLIP. Ew. x_X' I'm going to attempt to integrate only DirectX, IE6 and WMP9 this time. Then I'm going to see if I can eliminate all traces of HFSLIP to clean up the installation. Then manual hotfix integration. This is exactly why I didn't want to use HFLSLIP in the first place. Too much to reorganize.

Daemonforce, doing this manually is entirely possible, but you're going to end up creating your own INFs in I386 anyway to install the extra DX9c files, the AddReg entires from all of the hotfixes, etc. There is of course the Unofficial SP5, but all of this is for slipstreaming. If you want to integrate, then manual editing is the only route for you. IMO only, integration -- tacking the files on to install after Windows 2000 installs -- seems like a major headache compared to slipstreaming (replacing the files in the source).

The Unattended Forum might yield better results for you.

Daemonforce, doing this manually is entirely possible, but you're going to end up creating your own INFs in I386 anyway to install the extra DX9c files, the AddReg entires from all of the hotfixes, etc. There is of course the Unofficial SP5, but all of this is for slipstreaming. If you want to integrate, then manual editing is the only route for you. IMO only, integration -- tacking the files on to install after Windows 2000 installs -- seems like a major headache compared to slipstreaming (replacing the files in the source).

The Unattended Forum might yield better results for you.

Yeah. I know it's a pain, but this isn't working. It needs to be done! -_-'

If I knew how to slipstream Type-2 packages, I could restart from there.

Oh yeah...I won't have to create the INFs for reg entries.

Edited by Daemonforce

You can find some useful information about integrating hot-fixes in Unattended Forum. There is a thread about hot-fixes there.

Sorry, can't help you with Media Player as I don't use it. There are a lot of other choices for playing multimedia files. I use mplayer from Linux world :thumbup

And tommyp has just introduced his method of integrating media codecs in the source so that a media file can be played with third party players like Media Player Classic :)

I can only wish you good luck with your own integration. If you have some positive results please let us know.

PS Before using HFSLIP I used to install unattended DirectX 9C and IE6 SP1 (swichless installers, hand-made using Unattended Forum instructions ;) and installations were good also. But the source was bigger for about 10MB even without including any hot-fixes. It is not really an issue and you probably should look in that direction.

Edited by Oleg_II

You can find some useful information about integrating hot-fixes in Unattended Forum. There is a thread about hot-fixes there.

Yeah...Type 1 and type 2 hotfixes. The kind that do not integrate are pretty obvious, but I need to figure out how to slipstream them anyway. ;)

Sorry, can't help you with Media Player as I don't use it. There are a lot of other choices for playing multimedia files. I use mplayer from Linux world :thumbup

I don't either. I don't even use Win2K. I'm just trying to keep WU happy. :P

And....The local network. o.o'

You'd be surprised how annoying a single 1MB file x20+ can kill activity every second Tuesday when your main connection suddenly has bandwidth lower than 10KB/s.

And tommyp has just introduced his method of integrating media codecs in the source so that a media file can be played with third party players like Media Player Classic

Not needed for me.

I can only wish you good luck with your own integration. If you have some positive results please let us know.

So far so good. I just need to figure out hot HFSLIP did it and I'll be fine.

PS Before using HFSLIP I used to install unattended DirectX 9C and IE6 SP1 (swichless installers, hand-made using Unattended Forum instructions ;) and installations were good also. But the source was bigger for about 10MB even without including any hot-fixes. It is not really an issue and you probably should look in that direction.

Link! NOW! o_O

fdv's just given you this link. And you can use Search option too. And, please, read first. It looks like you are in a hurry ;)

Yeah...My network is pretty bogged down right now(Gee I wonder why! :rolleyes: ) and I want the last week of my life back. =/ Updating has just been one big problematic hassle and it shouldn't be. Right now I'm thinking of dropping support for Win2K family permanently. Not even Windows NT or XP are this bad. -_-

Edited by Daemonforce

OMFG! GreenMachine's XPCREATE utility does exactly what I want for Win2K! o_O

GreenMachine > foos

<3! :w00t:

It worked flawlessly and very clean on Professional. Now I'm going to do the same on Advanced Server. -_-'

I don't need any of this help for my XP builds, but I'm going to see if XPCREATE does a better job than manual integration.

I like this a lot. I get a very clean hotfix/sp/utilities upgrade straight from installation and the control panel records each of these as they're added. I started looking around for anything it could have possibly missed and everything went without a halt. I get that nice unwrapped-from-box feeling as it installs and IE6 even pops up that it's carrying out the installation procedure. Even better I got the .NET package integrated with it. There isn't a mess of INF files scattered in the i386, OMFG! DirectX9c & WMP9 actually installed too! O_O But I get two errors in dxdiag. It seems to be a problem with Win2K and the DX9c redistribution. Some security updates will whine even if I integrate them:

Security Update for Microsoft Data Access Components (KB832483)

Security Updates for Windows 2000 (KB899587)

Security Update for Windows Journal Viewer (KB886179)

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - September 2005 (KB890830)

I don't understand why for those first three, but I'm fine with this. At least 5MB of network activity from a new installation won't be as bad as 70MB from said installation. It's bad enough I'm forging my own resource on a dialup connection, imagine how long this would take on about 40 machines all sharing a DSL connection. Ewwies. x_X'

Anyway...This.........Rocks! o_O

DX9c is the only issue and it's probably some problem with the source. I'm going to try integrating dx9a this time.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee! :w00t:

Edited by Daemonforce

Just a little note on using the iesetup switches to grab IE for one or all supported Windows versions. The iesetup.ini file will not have the lines needed to do a local install. Setup will ignore the local files and go looking "out there", anywhere _except_ any local storage.

Here's the fix.

[Options]

Language=0409

Shell_Integration=0

ConfirmFileList=0

LocalInstall=1

Win95=6.0.2800.1106

Millen=6.0.2800.1106

NTx86=6.0.2800.1106

W2K=6.0.2800.1106

NTalpha=0

[Version]

Signature=Active Setup

[Downloaded Files]

Without these lines

ConfirmFileList=0

LocalInstall=1

it'll try a network/internet install. The iesetup.ini on the FTP site posted earlier in this thread is nowhere near complete. Here's the full one produced by an all version IE6 SP1 download (plus the local install edits).

[Options]

Language=0409

Shell_Integration=0

ConfirmFileList=0

LocalInstall=1

Win95=6.0.2800.1106

Millen=6.0.2800.1106

NTx86=6.0.2800.1106

W2K=6.0.2800.1106

NTalpha=0

[Version]

Signature=Active Setup

[Downloaded Files]

ie6setup.exe=1

iesetup.dir=1

filelist.dat=1

iesetup.ini=1

This folder is safe to delete.txt=1

GSETUP95.CAB=1

GSETUPNT.CAB=1

CRLUPD.CAB=1

IEW2K_1.CAB=1

IEW2K_2.CAB=1

IEW2K_3.CAB=1

IEW2K_4.CAB=1

IEMIL_1.CAB=1

IEMIL_2.CAB=1

IEMIL_3.CAB=1

IEMIL_4.CAB=1

SETUPNT.CAB=1

IEDOM.CAB=1

IENT_S1.CAB=1

IENT_S2.CAB=1

IENT_S3.CAB=1

IENT_S4.CAB=1

IENT_S5.CAB=1

IENT_S6.CAB=1

SETUPW95.CAB=1

IE_S1.CAB=1

IE_S2.CAB=1

IE_S3.CAB=1

IE_S4.CAB=1

IE_S5.CAB=1

IE_S6.CAB=1

IEEXINST.CAB=1

TS95.CAB=1

TSNT.CAB=1

MOBILENT.CAB=1

MOBILE95.CAB=1

BRANDING.CAB=1

ADVAUTH.CAB=1

HHUPD.CAB=1

HELPCONT.CAB=1

ICWCON.CAB=1

ICW.CAB=1

FONTCORE.CAB=1

IEDATA.CAB=1

IE_EXTRA.CAB=1

WAB.CAB=1

MAILNEWS.CAB=1

OEEXCEP.CAB=1

MPLAY2U.CAB=1

MPLAY2A.CAB=1

MPLAYER2.CAB=1

MPCDCS.CAB=1

VGX.CAB=1

AOLSUPP.CAB=1

SWFLASH.CAB=1

SCRIPTEN.CAB=1

SCR56EN.CAB=1

FONTSUP.CAB=1

IELPKAD.CAB=1

README.CAB=1

OAINST.CAB=1

It's still not a FULL download because it will not grab the additions for other languages or Flash. Doing this for IE5 will only download the Flash stuff on a fresh and clean original Windows 95 without the a update. Any other version of Windows, it'll detect that a newer version is already installed and it won't download Flash.

Anyone know how to force it to download ALL of the IE components, no matter what language version it's being run on or what IE features are already installed?