Software to control another computer?

Marthax

Hi all!

I was wondering if you any of you guys know of a program that has the ability to remotely control another computer. I want to control a computer through my network. My controlling I mean, seeing everything that the other display would see so that I could run various program on that computer by controlling it from another one.

Thanks in advance!

Marthax

If you can, Remote Desktop/Terminal Services is pretty easy and very fast.

Also, any VNC flavor is great for this...UltraVNC and TightVNC are two of the more popular ones.

And finally, I always like to suggest LogMeIn...it's a free (They have paid versions as well) remote desktop application that allows you to connect over the internet and through a firewall with no settings! It's pretty nice...It's a little picky in some situations, but it's by far the easiest way to remote into a system behind firewalls and such. And it's free!!! The paid versions offer things like file transfer and easy client installation...that's your call.

In fact it depends on the work. At mine i use diverse tools to take remote control, depending on what i am controling, is the tool i use.

If you are triying to control a server the best option is Terminal Service, estable and secure, but cant take just 2 sessions and the server would be localy unavailable.

For desktops over a LAN with windows NT, 2000, and even 95 and 98 instaling a patch i like Dameware, has many many features, many of them for domains and suck things.

For windows 95 and 98 and easy and fast option would be VNC, there is a release out thear thta works with windows 2000 and xp also i think is Thigth VNC, but Ulta VNC is also popular.

To take a pc over the INTERNET i heard, that REMOTE ADMIN is a good chooise.