PROB | MS HD Audio driver & Realtek audio driver?

mediapla

I have a little problem with MS HDA. After unattended install, the MS- drivers are being installed, but not the Realtek drivers. I can than change them manually, but

not in the unattended installation. Whats gong wrong ? I use KB888111 with svcpack.inf...any ideas ?

Edited by Bâshrat the Sneaky

:D

i had the same prblm with my D915GAV m/b

here how 2 slolv it

extract KB888111xpsp2

there is a "commonfiles" folder

queue "inf"s in this folder in nLite driver integration

install Realtek driver after that

ie via RunOnce or batch or else

it worked for me :thumbup

...very interesting. I thought i had a solution, started the 888111 at T12 (cmdlines.txt). -I had sound at the installation process (play a mp3 with mp-classic) and at the first reboot (GUI RunOnce). The soundchip is installed as MS-device (Realtek 880/860). But if i make a second reboot - no sound, but the same MS HDA AudioDevice is installed. Then i can change manually to Realtek HDA - i have Sound.

Hmm... I suppose you have 2 possibilities for a correct installation:

1. slipstream the KB888111 driver + install the driver any way you like (slipstream, OemPnPDriversPath, Pyron's method, KtD method)

2. do everything manually: install the KB88811 driver manually + install the driver manually

(And if 2. doesn't work, 1. sure does!)

I did was Integrated kb888111 with nlite--> installed XP installed realtek driver :no: no sound

IInd try

integrated it manualy ,queued the driver for integration with drivers in nlite

called setup.exe of the realtek driver installer with switch -s :thumbup it worked

Im going crazy... i slipstreamed the 88811 and i also tried to run Realtek Setup -s in GUI Runonce. I hear sound. But after next reboot -no sound.

I think this must be a problem of the device drivers - MS drivers. If i look in the INF-folder, there is the oem4.inf (MS -hdaudio.inf) Normally it should be the realtek.inf file - Its a integrated HDA device on a FSC Amilo notebook. At my test-desktop computers the HDA devices (Realtek or CMI Azalia) are installed very fine - but if i use the same boot/install DVD with this notebook i have this problems. After unattended install the Realtek HDA device is installed and when i make a reboot - no sound, no mixer symbol...

...oh,oh,oh,oh.....i am a fool....today i looked for a solution and i found: The realtek drivers was on cd, but not in OEM PnP driver path....now i will add it and try again on Monday morning..... (at my Notebook installation)

But its interesting: At my desktop test PC, the driver (CMI+CMI control paneel) were added and installed with unattended install. But when i reboot, no CMI driver is activ, but the MS driver.( Normally no problem, but the record function is disabled, if MS drivers are activated) But if i then change the driver back to CMI and reboot - the CMI driver is still activ !

• 2 weeks later...

Your pain is my pain..

Just to elaborate, so before a Hi def audio driver can be installed a microsoft patch has to be installed which recognises the device and enables hi def so that an inf file can be associated with it? Is there no compatability mode which doesn't require hi-def audio, but the soundcard will still work?

Since our school only has one syspreped XP image, I'd rather not have to create a second one with a slipstreamed MS patch KB888111 included.

<edit> Ok the MS patch doesn't seem to break non HD audio. BTW the KB888111 patch was included in the Realtek drivers, for those struggling to understand why MS make it so difficult to download</edit>

Edited by beyondtool

• 2 weeks later...

No solution for my problem.... 888111 slipstreamed, Sound at T12 and at GUIRunOnce. The Realtek Audio Manager anfd the MS Mixer symbol are ready. Then, if i make a reboot. i lost this 2 symbols. Then i can use devicemanager to change the driver manually (from MS to Realtek),reboot - have Sound.