Network Problem

syedali

Hi Guys!

You can probably help me in my office in Network 10 system all those working fine

but in 11 system all things correct 1)Crimping 2)Lan Card drivers 3)IP Addrees

4)gateway 5)DNS server 6)computer name.Today morning i got Internet connection but

now I didn't get Internet.what is that problem pls give me helpfull sugesstions.

C:/ipconfig /all

windows Ip configuration

Host name......................Pc7

Primary DNS Suffix..................:

Node Type..........................................:Unk nown

IP Routing Enabled................................:No

Wins proxy Enabled...............................:No

Ethernet adopter Local Area Connection 3:

Connection - Specific DNS suffix:

Description...........................:Intel<R> Pro/100 VE Network Connection

Physical Address....................:00-11-11-6D-B1-9E

Dhcp Enabled.........................:yes

Autoconfiguration Enabled.................:yes

Autoconfiguration IP Address...............169.254.194.17

Subnet Mask...................................:255.255.0. 0

Default Gateway.................................:

DNS Servers...........................:61.1.96.69

When i ping my system is showing

Ping 169.254.194.17 -t

Reply from 169.254.194.17: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128

Thanks.

Edited by syedali

your 169.254.194.17 address means you did not get an address from the DHCP server.. make sure you have network connectivity or that DHCP is started

How to Enable Dhcp Enabled,Autoconfiguration Enabled,Dhcp Server where it is.I am facing this problem so many times pls any one give me correct sugession.

Make sure the computer that has the internet connection is running DHCP...if your running windows 2000 Advanced Server or 2003, then check it in the Administrative Tool --> Configure Your Server Wizard and check if your running the DHCP...after checking the server that has the ICS or Internet Connection Sharing server is running DHCP, check all the workstations or clients connected to it by running services.msc and check DHCP Client is automatic or started...after that, go to network connections of each client, view the properties then click tcp/ip then view its properties then click obtain IP address automatically...you should be having internet access already...I hope this will be beneficial to you...

Make sure the computer that has the internet connection is running DHCP...if your running windows 2000 Advanced Server or 2003, then check it in the Administrative Tool --> Configure Your Server Wizard and check if your running the DHCP...after checking the server that has the ICS or Internet Connection Sharing server is running DHCP, check all the workstations or clients connected to it by running services.msc and check DHCP Client is automatic or started...after that, go to network connections of each client, view the properties then click tcp/ip then view its properties then click obtain IP address automatically...you should be having internet access already...I hope this will be beneficial to you...

Thanks for replay

I solved this problem

Edited by syedali