Call Of Duty 2 Demo (Not 56K friendly - 9 images)

lylo

Well, I've been waiting for this game a long time now, and it seems ironic that Activision release the demo for it on the day of the release for DoD:Source :rolleyes:

Well anyway, for ages now I've looked at the shots and videos for this and though: Crap, there is no way in hell I'm running this on my computer. Needless to say though I've downloaded the demo from GamersHell, and whoa... I'm impressed!

For all of you, me included, with lower end rigs who were able to run CoD1, don't worry, there is a LOVELY feature in the graphics options called 'Force DirectX7 Only', now while you are losing alot of the very nice new visual effects in there, this greatly improves the performance of the game, and well I still think it looks better than CoD1 so I still win heh. For those with meaty, and I mean meaty systems lol, you will love the effects this throws at you.

The demo as a whole is short but very sweet, and shows just how intense alot of the battles in this game are going to be. Take a look at the screenies I've took to see :)

I also enabled draw fps just you can see how it ran on my rig lol, despite what those numbers in the shots show, the demo was actually completely playable, and for the most part, ran very well at a steady 30fps :)

shot0001.jpg

shot0005.jpg

shot0007.jpg

shot0010.jpg

shot0013.jpg

shot0014.jpg

shot0021.jpg

shot0029.jpg

shot0031.jpg

Edited by lylo

Heh, you're right there, but I had to show that shot off, I believe the smoke effects here are very good indeed and are looking alot better than what most other games push out.

As for my card, it is an extremely embarrasing FX5200 running on a PCI port :blushing: Everything about my rig sucks but stuff that, I'll keep pushing it for a while lol, and I intend to get a couple more new games working before I begin buying for my new gaming system :w00t:

Say, if anyone can get the demo working at full/playable speeds with the DX9 visuals enabled, please show us your shots heh, I'd love to see them :)

I tried to play the demo on my laptop with a turion 64 1.8 GHz, 512 MB RAM and an ATI mobility radeon x700 128 MB, but i had no luck. My laptop crashes whenever i start the game  :(

Must be a windows issue for sure, my cpu is a 1.8ghz CELERON ffs and it works fine on there lol, you're definitely within working specs for the game to work and work good :\

Does the games own readme have nothing that could maybe help you?

• 2 weeks later...