boot screen overrides batch scripts output

RickH

Hi,

I've found out that the boot screen doesn't show the output of the batch scripts that can be run by using partition magic, scandisk or other programs. When these screens are removed and you need to type Y(es) or N(o) for confirmation, you don't even know that it is asked you. 2nd problem is that booting might look like it takes ages but it's just scanning the harddisk while the boot screen's still up. I've posted 2 images to clearify what i mean. Don't mind the bullsh*t on it.

Left/Top, the one that used to show a script when it's running.

Right/Bottom, what's shown 2 you at the same moment with bootscreen patched.

Greetings,

Rick

post-72241-1127693502_thumb.png

post-72241-1127693590_thumb.png

Edited by RickH

Yeah, I'm aware of that issue. This isnt a bug and cannot be fixed. It is just like that. If you want a custom Boot screen without any 3rd party app (editing boot.ini) you wll have this disadvantage. If you use partition manager apps or need to see those booting messages very often, you better uninstall the boot screen. Go to Start menu, all programs, XPize, unistall and choose boot screen. Reboot.

• 1 month later...

I am having the same issue needing to see behind the boot screen. I've uninstalled the 'boot screen' as suggested and still no luck. Could you please provide a detailed process of how to restore the default boot screen either by using XPize or manually. This would be very helpful.

I am having the same issue needing to see behind the boot screen. I've uninstalled the 'boot screen' as suggested and still no luck. Could you please provide a detailed process of how to restore the default boot screen either by using XPize or manually. This would be very helpful.

look at %systemdrive%\boot.ini, remove switches "/noguiboot /bootlogo". did it help?