Language independent logons setup

LordWarlock

I created small setup, which will install xpized logon screens (blue, green and silver). This setup is language independent, so the instaled logons will be in the same language as your system. When uninstaled, it will restore default xp logon.

You can swithch colors and restore default logon using created Start menu shortcuts, or you could download Logon Loader.

Download: removed (as requested by Seven Alive)

Edited by LordWarlock

Yes, that is quite intelligent. Does it create the reg files dependent on where Win XP is installed, because my reg file says:

"UIHost"="C:\\windows\\Resources\\logonui\\EnergyBlue\\eblue.exe"

Wouldn't it be better to use:

"UIHost"="%systemroot%\\Resources\\logonui\\EnergyBlue\\eblue.exe"

?

And could XPero integrate this into XPize?

P.S.: An uninstall shortcut in Startmenu would be quite nice, too. :P

Edited by Dynaletik

Yes, that is quite intelligent. Does it create the reg files dependent on where Win XP is installed, because my reg file says:

"UIHost"="C:\\windows\\Resources\\logonui\\EnergyBlue\\eblue.exe"

Wouldn't it be better to use:

"UIHost"="%systemroot%\\Resources\\logonui\\EnergyBlue\\eblue.exe"

?

And could XPero integrate this into XPize?

P.S.: An uninstall shortcut in Startmenu would be quite nice, too.  :P

Yes the reg file should be created dependent on where windows is instaled but I think I will change it and use %systemroot% and I will add uninstall shortcut too.

It should be quiet simple to integrate it to XPize, it uses the same patching method.

Yes the reg file should be created dependent on where windows is instaled but I think I will change it and use %systemroot% and I will add uninstall shortcut too.

It should be quiet simple to integrate it to XPize, it uses the same patching method.

Sounds good. :) I hope Seven Alive has no problem with this, because he created the logon, I think. :unsure:

It didn't work for me.

I had to do a System Restore 'cause the logon screen got replaced by a little Username & Password window. :blink:

My problem now is different as I cannot find the English part that I want to replace with the Italian one. Wasn't the file called LOGONUI.EXE? Well, there's no evidence of English sentences there... :blink:

It didn't work for me.

I had to do a System Restore 'cause the logon screen got replaced by a little Username & Password window. :blink:

My problem now is different as I cannot find the English part that I want to replace with the Italian one. Wasn't the file called LOGONUI.EXE? Well, there's no evidence of English sentences there...  :blink:

This is weird. Had you tried to uninstall it properly, before you used the system restore. The setup does not replace the default logonui.exe, it only creates and patches a copy of it and changes one registry entry. If your default logon was not restored, save this as a .reg file and import it to registry:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"UIHost"="logonUI.exe"

how to use this unattended?

With the 1 i want gets "installed" and the shortcuts removed.

And it would be nice if there was a winntbbu.dll in the same style

Edited by muiz

• 2 weeks later...

ok, what the hell???????????

For one thing, there is no possible way for anyone to take my logons, take the resources out and use them to patch the logonui in windows.

1. it is encrypted and protected

2. i made my own script, if u can get the images, it doesnt matter, it wont look or work right.

it sounds like you took my logons, took a screeenshot and duplicted the images and tried to make it work.

for anyone who wants different languages/colors. you can get them all here, languages colors specified in descripton. its an rar file (u need winrar).

Shortly xpero will host this rar file along with registry scripts for easy changing.

Please remove your download

Work together?

I have already made a program that installs all the logons, and a program that you can use over and over to switch them instanlty, it even provides screenshots.

The only problem is i used Realbasic 2005 update 5 trial. so when anyone runs the program it displays "this was made with a demo of realbasic 2005, this program will expire in X days and also in 5 minutes.

I need a serial/key of RealBasic 2005 so it wont have this problem.

I am currently thinking of building it in VB6. Realbasic and VB6 do not require any programs since VB6 runtimes are already on XP.

What that file sounds like is a virus or trojan. I did not authorze this eblue.exe and there is no way he could do what he claims it can.

I encrypt and protect my files, no reverese or resourse hacking.

ok, what the hell???????????

For one thing, there is no possible way for anyone to take my logons, take the resources out and use them to patch the logonui in windows.

1. it is encrypted and protected

2. i made my own script, if u can get the images, it doesnt matter, it wont look or work right.

ad 1) unpacked, decrypted (PeCompact is no problem, unpacked in 10 sec)

ad 2) install and look for yourself

Please remove your download

Done, but still think my solutin is better than yours.