Why We Just Love ATI ...

ThA_FiLeR

Lol, those of you (like me) that have had luck and recieved a Radeon 9500 that could be converted to a 9700, theres good news.. now they're also working on a new hacked driver that will perform as a Radeon 9800!!! They've also released the hacked drivers for Catalyst 3.2.. here you can download the 9500 > 9700 mod..

http://www.maxdownloads.com/~ian/wizzard/

Hmm.. my card might even beat the Geforce FX pos card.. (with the 9800 hack)

http://forum.gamers-hardware.net/thread.ph...hp?threadid=831

Please don't try this with any cards other then the Radeon 9500 RED PCB

Drew, if the card has the older PCB it should work.. check out the card.. if it had a RED PCB and a L shaped memory it should work and it also has to be a Radeon 9500 128MB Non-Pro

btw, Got mine for $153.. lol

Now almost all online shops have new boards recieved from ATi.. They are now black with a silver HSF on it..

Drew, click my sig, you'll see the actual picture, thats the red PCB (the board that everything is soldered on) and the new revised ones are with a Black PCB, with a L shaped memory I mean the way they are soldered on there, like mine has a bunch above the HSF, then it has other half besides the HSF.. which sort of looks like an L-Shape...

Heres a pic I found on google..

ATI_9500Pro_card.jpg

See how the memory is soldered on? that's the L shape I are talking about..

Also, theres a 60% chance for this to work since ATi binned these cards meaning they tested 9700's and if they didnt perform as they should they were sold as 9500's.. if it doesnt work you dont mess up your card.. it'll still work as a 9500 when you put back old drivers.. I am having 5% overall of what they call "artifacts" which are checkerboards and other crap (sorta glitches) goin over the screen.. I can normally not notice it at all, I have only seen it in MOHAA on the guy's hand and on the ATI demos I can see it very slightly on the walls (gotta be way up close for that s***)..

Hope this helps any...

I found one and ordered it,but since the specs say I need a 350w power supply with the cable attachement I am also piecemealing a new system to use this card(got some tax money).Buying the Radeon 9500 red pbc,Raid Extreme mid tower case from color cases,Asus A7N8X Del mobo,and Raidmax 400w power supply.Not sure but at least a 1.8GHz processor is required for the best results although it will run with a lesser one.For $160 the 9500 is a steal compared to $351 for the 9700.

Some local stores might still have them, or pricewatch.com some stores still have little left of em...

New Egg has them for $160.

Also,thanks for the tip filer.I might try it out on my Abit KG7 board because it will be awhile before I can finnish my new sys.At 1024x768 the Radeon 9700 gets the nod over the FX Nvidia cards,but the FX edges the 9700 on the uncommon 1280x768 setting and higher.