Symantec Antivirus 10

Thauzar

Hi I'm trying to setup SAV10 but I can't get my hand on the msp update from 10.0.0.359 to 10.0.1.100 Looked everywhere on symantec's site, Are those seperate versions or what? I looked on other forums and seems like i'm not the only one stuck with 0.359 and it's not delivered via liveupdate either...

For the rest, I'll use the same method of installation as SAV9 which is

@Echo Off
cmdow @ /HID
FOR %%i IN (D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %%i:\CD.txt SET CDROM=%%i:

start /wait %CDROM%\Softwares\Applications\SAVSource\setup.exe /A /V"/QB TARGETDIR=%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\SAV10011"
sleep 45
copy %CDROM%\Softwares\Applications\SAVSource\lusetup.exe %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\SAV91400\CommonAppData\Symantec\LiveUpdate\LuMMInst\Lsetup.exe
copy %CDROM%\Softwares\Applications\SAVSource\README.txt  %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\SAV91400\CommonAppData\Symantec\LiveUpdate\LuMMInst\README.txt

copy %CDROM%\Softwares\Applications\SAVSource\SAVCE_10.0.1.1000_AllWin_ENU.msp %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\SAV10011\savce10011.msp
start /wait msiexec /p %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\SAV10011\savce10011.msp /a "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\SAV10011\Symantec Antivirus.msi" /QB
del %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\SAV10011\savce10011.msp
ren "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\SAV10011\Symantec AntiVirus.msi" SAV.msi

attrib -r "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\SAV10011\program files\Symantec AntiVirus\Virus Defs\*.*"
start /wait %CDROM%\Softwares\Applications\SAVSource\20050707-017-i32.exe /Extract /Q "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\SAV10011\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\Virus Defs"
copy %CDROM%\Softwares\Applications\SAVSource\SAV10.reg %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\SAV10011\SAV10.reg
EXIT

I'll maybe have to adapt the code for the new way of having the most recents virus defs, but that part is simple and clear in another thread. After running this at the beginning of my installation, I then simply run

start /wait %SystemDrive%\Install\Applications\SAV91400\SAV.msi /QN INSTALLSERVER=0 NETWORKTYPE=2 RUNLIVEUPDATE=0 ENABLEAUTOPROTECT=1 REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS

at the last step of runonce ex to setup SAV before the computer reboots.

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks, then how do people on 0.389 upgraded to 1.100? Or did they bought it like that? Anyway thanks for replying :) I will stop searching around like a madman looking for his soul.

We just did a deployment/install of SAV 10.0.1000 over the top of whatever was existing. The updated SAV software is available for licenced customers to download via electronic distribution from Symantec

i have version 10.0.1.1000.

first i made an administrative install by running setup.exe /a. then i choose the destination folder called SAV10. after i run setup.exe /a in SAV10 folder i had 5 folders: common, program files, redist, system32, windows and 2 files: .msi and vdefhub.zip. rename the .msi file to sav10.msi. to update the last definition go here: http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcen...ges/US-N95.html

and for the last live update go here: http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/files/lu/lu.html.

then extract the definition and rename the .zip file to vdefhub.zip and overwrite the old vdefhub.zip and add lusetup.exe i downloaded to SAV10\program files\Symantec AntiVirus folder and overwrite the old lusetup.exe.

next download the update patch from here: http://anonym.to/?ftp://ftp.symantec.com/p...7_allwin_en.zip

and extract it to folder called savce. rename the sav.msp. then go start>run and add this command:

msiexec /p E:\savce\SAV.msp /a E:\SAV10\sav10.msi shortfilenames=true /qb

wait the installer to finish and after this create a sillent installer using 7zip or winrar. that is it....

• 1 month later...

Is there no way to just patch the old 10.0.1.1000 with 10.0.1.1007 without getting folders which you have to compress into a SFX archive yourself. I'd prefer to only have the .msi or the other files updated. Perhaps that is not possible because everything is in the .cab-file which isn't MSI?