52x Cd-rw Speed Problem

gamehead200

As some of you may know, I just got myself a new computer...After I installed XP, I installed Nero and tested the new burner out. I decided to copy a CD...For some reason, it didn't burn at its maximum speed (52x, but the CDs are 44x compatible). I was going to reduce the speed to 44x because of the CDs I was using, but when I went to see the list of speeds, the highest one was 32x . How come 52x wasn't the maximum speed?

Yea 52x has been around for awhile know...but unfortunity, not any media has been made for it that i know of....Aperently making a Cd that can be spun at 52x and written to, has to balanced in a particular manner or it may explode....and from what i have read most companies are not willing to spend the extra cash on the devo...so most media is stuck at 48x..

=Drew

yeah what's the point of spending the money on a 52x burner if they won't sell cd's that burn that fast...waste of money..i'm gonna wait for the dvd burner's to get real cheap and a standard is developed for them . then i'll buy one of those. :)

the thing with nero is that it determines the maximum writable speed of your media, and then it set's that as the maximum speed you can write with, so you can't damage your media by writing to fast to it... when you pop out the cd in the drive it will show 52x as max speed.. and if you then put in an old media (like 8x or some) then it will show 8x as the fastest speed.. but find some good 52x medias and then it should work...