Paint Shop Pro X

cyberloner

You can save your complete Workspace in a *.PspWorkspace -File with PSP X.

With this file You can restore all PSPX-Workspace- Settings, Toolbar and her Positions, all Iconbars etc.

The saved Workspace can you load with this reg entry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Corel\Paint Shop Pro\10\WorkspaceMRU
"File1"="your Path to the saved *.PspWorkspace _ File"

yo guys

new found edit the setup.ini

[info]

Name=INTL

Version=1.00.000

DiskSpace=8000 ;DiskSpace requirement in KB

[startup]

CmdLine=Serialnumber=xxxxxx extra command here....

will make u install silently with setup.exe

found this because i am using runonceex installation and couldn't install properly with it using registry....

=)

• 1 month later...

A little reminder:

Paint Shop Pro 10.02 update is out. Nice to see it's an MSP patch, so not that hard to apply to an existing installation source :)

However I can't seem to manage to create a proper installation source using the Corel Paint Shop Pro X Trial, so I apply both 10.01 and 10.02 afterwards. The total installation time of my unattended cd is increasing fast now (over 30 minutes)

Edited by hp38guser

• 1 month later...
to make Slipstreaming Over 10.00 first extract Corel Paint Shop Pro 10.01

and run

msiexec /p x:\1001_EN.MSP /a x:\pspx.msi /qb

Do not forget 10.02 is out as a second update from their site. I use installshield checker to check for updates :thumbup

PaintShopPro1002_EN_Patch.exe 20.4 MB

is any one having any luck getting the 1002_EN.MSP update to actually install silently,, mine keeps searching for the pspx.msi even tho that was extracted to the windows temp folder and installed

btw i tried to send everything to temp folder to install for psp x because it wasnt installing off a cd

ive been trying it like this

pspx.msi Serialnumber=xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx-xxx /qn

1001_EN.MSP /qb

1002_EN.MSP /qb

and it hasnt been installing the 1002_en.msp

also another question is any one getting this to install off a cd base instead of the hd

when i try to install mine from the cd, they dont install for some odd reason

and also 1 more question

i tried to slipstream the 2 updates into the retail version of psp x and that wouldnt install off cd or hd any one having any luck getting both updates slipstreamed and installed properly ?

So Lost Soul stepping out on me and getting help from somewhere else eh! :D

Well I use the same switches as you

pspx.msi Serialnumber=xxxx APPLAUNCH_REGISTRATION=0 PSP_CREATEQUICKLAUNCH=0 PSP_CREATEDESKTOPICON=0 PSP_READMESHORTCUT=0 PSP_UPDATEFREQ=3 /qn

for the main app and use an AutoIt script to search for the msp files, then install them with the /qn switch.

If the 10.02 update isnt installing try removing the switches and running normally and see it there is a message reported.

I always install my PSP and updates off the cd with no problems, maybe with your slipstreaming something has fooked up and it may be better to start with fresh files.

I used to slipstream the updates but extra files and folders were created in the directory and it made it bigger in size than the seperate files were, go figure, and the about box never displayed the proper version number so I dropped kicked that idea and went to the way I use now.

Lost Soul this is what i have a bit long though :P

REM	 http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=Corel3/Products/Display&pfid=1047024307383
REM NOTES: Installshield - Extracted Run The main setup.exe
REM NOTES: Copy Corel Paint Shop Pro X - Installation Files Folder and rename to Corel_Paint_Shop_Pro_X
REG ADD %KEY%\1001 /VE /D "Corel Paint Shop Pro X" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\1001 /V 101 /D "CMD /C Start /Wait E:\Install\Corel_Paint_Shop_Pro_X\pspx.msi Serialnumber=XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX-XXX /qn" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\1001 /V 102 /D "CMD /C Start /min /Wait SLEEP.EXE 5" /f
REM
REM NOTES:Corel Paint Shop Pro X Updates if you have them.
REM
REG ADD %KEY%\1001 /V 103 /D "Cmd /C Start /Wait msiexec /p x:E:\Install\Corel_Paint_Shop_Pro_X\1001\1001_EN.MSP /a x:\pspx.msi /qn" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\1001 /V 104 /D "CMD /C Start /min /Wait SLEEP.EXE 5" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\1001 /V 105 /D "Cmd /C Start /Wait msiexec /p x:E:\Install\Corel_Paint_Shop_Pro_X\1002\1002_EN.MSP /a x:\pspx.msi /qn" /f
REM
REM NOTES:Corel Paint Shop Pro X Xtras if you have them.
REM
REG ADD %KEY%\1001 /V 106 /D "CMD /C Start /Wait E:\Install\Corel_Paint_Shop_Pro_X\Xtras\English_PSPX_RegXtras.exe /S" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\1001 /V 107 /D "CMD /C Start /min /Wait SLEEP.EXE 3" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\1001 /V 108 /D "CMD /C Start /Wait E:\Install\Corel_Paint_Shop_Pro_X\Xtras\Paint.Shop.Pro.X.exe /S" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\1001 /V 109 /D "CMD /C Start /min /Wait SLEEP.EXE 3" /f

Edited by urie

• 1 month later...

New Paint Shop Pro 10.03 update is out. Standard MSP format included. Notice these are not cumulative updates, so you need to apply these patches in chronological order to your installation source.

Please note you can't slipstream these updates into TRIAL distributions for download. You still need to copy over some files from the RETAIL package of Corel Paint Shop Pro X.

You can do this for personal usage though :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...