.elf

angel0104

hi! i'm currently having trouble burning a file which i've downloaded. it came with an iso and an elf file. what program can i use to burn the elf file to make a successful working disc? it's about 3mb. and by the way, what is the .elf extension? thanks.

• 1 month later...
hi! i'm currently having trouble burning a file which i've downloaded. it came with an iso and an elf file. what program can i use to burn the elf file to make a successful working disc? it's about 3mb. and by the way, what is the .elf extension? thanks.

Sorry for the late reply. The only ELF that I know of is Extended Locatable File which is a UNIX executable. Why it has a .elf extension I have no idea. You can probably try going to a file extension database like filext.com. They have 3 ELF definitions there.

you probably downloaded an iso file for your playstation right? ;)

.elf files are executables for ps2 and require that you launch them from either system.cnf or a homemade program (for this is necessary that you've installed a modchip).

so if you downloaded the iso, just burning and placing it on the PS2 should launch the program (i do this to launch a filemanager to upload/delete/move content from my memcard).