Anyone Here Going To Get A Geforce Fx?

FthrJACK

If not why not, and if so why?

Personally i think ATI have knocked Nvidia off the top spot for Grapphics cards, not by themselves either. Nvidias done most damage to itself it seems. i think ill hold off and see what ATI spit out and i might just settle for a 9700 when the price drops...

If not why not, and if so why?

Personally i think ATI have knocked Nvidia off the top spot for Grapphics cards, not by themselves either. Nvidias done most damage to itself it seems. i think ill hold off and see what ATI spit out and i might just settle for a 9700 when the price drops...

Radeon 9700's are the way to go, they handle every game at every setting, very impressive card, I'm one of the lucky ones that got a hook up by buying a Radeon 9500 and then doing the softmod, this cost me only $153 (with s/h) too bad ATi took em off the market so quick...

Mark over at Warp2Search has reported this info taken some info on ATI's next gen cards from the latest catalyst 3.1 ati2mtag.sys file.

The recently launched Catalyst 3.1 driver update now tell us what these code-name chips will likely to be called when the final products arrive. This is as follows:

RV280 is likely to be called Radeon 9200. This will appear in both "Pro"and Non-Pro version.

RV350 is likely to be called Radeon 9600, and there is no mention of Pro or non-pro version in the drivers (at this time)

R350 is likely to be called Radeon 9800 (not 9900 as recent rumors suggest) and again there's no mention in the drivers at this time of Pro or Non-Pro version of this chipset.

I think im gonna get a 9800 when they come out i was planning on getting a GF-FX at some time but was very disapointed at the benchmarks nvidia was claiming something like 50% faster when they was hyping the card up but its more like 5-10% which isnt good enough then take into consideration its poor pixel shader 2.0 performance which is half of that of a radeon 9700 it doesnt look like it will perfrom to well in future dx9 games that will make heavy use of pixel shader 2.0 and the noise is enough to drive anyone crazy! even an 80mm delta fan (we all know how loud those beasts are) are a few decibels lower than the hoover on a GF-FX

this is probably my longest post on the forum yet :) do i get a reward?

I'm going to look into the 8500 even.Compared to my Radeon 64mb ddr vivo,whatever I can get that will boost my 3d mark score from 3564.There is a computer show coming up in march so I'll wait and see.When I bought this original Radeon they were going for $399 and I got it for $200 at the show.I have a GeForce 4 that is a little better but as far as getting an fx I just can't see paying the $400.