On the hunt for a music app...

ringfinger

I'm on the hunt for a music app that will allow you to queue songs within a playlist. Something simple, right click the one you want next, click queue... somthing along the lines of that. I'm tired of having to drag songs under the current playing song in my winamp playlists. A while back I had an app like this but can't remember what it was called. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks. :thumbup

Right clicking the file itself in explorer and doing this adds it to the bottom of a playlist already created. But, I like to load all the songs I have into winamp out of a particular folder/genre and then once in winamp scroll thru the playlist and find what I want. However, you either have to go with random, or straight thru the playlist. I want to be able to queue what I want to hear next inside the playlist itself.

Well, actually I'd prefer to use Winamp. I didn't think it was possible and have gone thru all the settings. Ok... an example... you go to "My Music", right click that folder and enqueue everything in it into winamp. Now you have a 1000 songs in a winamp. You click play, song number 1 starts playing. But next, instead of hearing song 2 you wanna hear song 45, and then after that 66 and so on. Without having to drag the songs you want into playing order under the current playing song, I want to be able to right click the songs I want next and click "Queue" or "Play Next" whatever the case may be. I'll try out the iTunes tonight though and see if it'll work. If anyone knows how to do this in Winamp though, that'd be great.

I use musikCube, I'm pretty sure it does what you want. It's like iTunes; it's a library music player, and when viewing your library you can right-click on a song/album/artist/genre or whatever and click 'queue selected', and adds it to the currently playing list. You can also create playlists, and there are dynamic playlists and stuff. It's a sourceforge project, and is freeware. And plus, it's not iTunes :D lol I have a thing against that program :)