Selfmade Autorun...

TrooperMan

ok, i tried out the new create iso function and it looks MUCH BETTER with out the 'record to disc afterwards'... one other small thing. After it asks you to pick a location to save the file to, it starts create the ISO using cdimage, but the 'Create Bootable CD' box is still in the background. could you make it to where it automically closes once either the creation of the ISO is started or finished? and the "Cannot record the ISO file since it has not been created!" message pops up after the successful creation of the ISO for some reason....

I'm with AMD on the fact that the "Cannot record the ISO file since it has not been created!" pops up at the end, regardless of what else happens... think that might be an easy to fix bug?

Also, is there a way to change the parameters passed to CDIMAGE? For example, I would like to add the "-j1" option (and maybe get rid of the time option)... I couldn't find the MKISO in the HTML or Javascript, so I'm guessing it's encoded in the AUTORUN.EXE itself... although if that's a pain the the bum to change, and the ISO it produces works ok (I haven't burnt one to CD and tested it yet) then that's ok!

Apart from that, everything else is working OK for me!

Gonna test multiple run commands now, will let you know what I find :)

Edited by Dillon

Okay, now I made the Parameters for CDImage changeable (see my menu.ini for details), the creation window should now close if the option to record the iso is not given.

Also I've added the opportunity to change the default name / path of the menu.ini. This is done by calling

AUTORUN.EXE -setinipath MYNEW.INI

or

AUTORUN.EXE -setinipath PATH\TO\MYNEW.INI

This will create a new exe-file which will use the new path. Be careful since you cannot redo that, so keep a copy of the original exe-file.

If you don't want that change within the exefile, you can start the menu with

AUTORUN.EXE -inipath PATH\TO\MYNEW.INI

or add that to your autorun.ini.

Note: At the moment the autorun just supports ONE parameter, no matter what parameter it is. So -debug won't work atm together with setinipath or inipath.

Version 2, Beta 4

Thanks for testing!

Edited by TrooperMan

Ok, the 'Create Bootable CD' box disappears once the iso is being created, which is good.... but the "Cannot record the ISO file since it has not been created!" message box still pops up. Also, when it is done creating the ISO, the black dos windows doesnt close, it just stays open. I tried opening the ISO that was created and i received an error message and the ISO file was empty...

OK I'm back!

Happy to say multiple run commands work great :)

@ AMD... I don't have the same problem you did... when I created the ISO file it worked fine... maybe check something in your code? The DOS box staying open would suggest something happening with CDImage that it didn't expect... my DOS window closed upon the ISO being finished.

Back to what I found... the box saying "Cannot record the ISO file since it has not been created!" still pops up at the end of ISO creation, I think that'll be easy to fix tho :)

In case this is any help, this is what happens - when the bootable CD is being made (successfully I might add), in the window behind the DOS window (ie. the Autorun menu), the info box with the message above pops up straight away... from the debug I got this:

MKISO (ERROR): IMAGE NOT CREATED...

as the line after

MKISO (ACTION): STARTING COMMAND LINE:

>>>>>>> SOFTWARE\CDImage\CDIMAGE.EXE -lOEMXPHOME -t08/23/2001,09:00:00 -b"SOFTWARE\CDImage\OEMHome.BIF" -h -n -o -m "SETUP\HomeOEM" "C:\OEMXPHOME.ISO"

Hope this is of some help to you :)

Looks like you're almost ready to release version 2, congratulations! :D

Edited by Dillon

@Dillon

you are right, i think it was something i was doing. i tried it again today and it worked great.

@TrooperMan

the same box saying "Cannot record the ISO file since it has not been created!" still pops up at the end of ISO creation.... this is the only thing i have seen that needs to be fixed... keep up the good work! quick!

p.s. - whats the advantage of using the PHP over html as far as your autorun menu is concerned?

Edited by amd64lover

Hi

I liked the menu and will be making some changes.Background is good enough for me

@amd64lover

The filename format for html is 8.3 similar to DOS. So you cannot have spaces.

when saving to a DIR use "C:\boot.iso" or something like that and it will work

By for now

@ATM... not entierly true what you wrote about saving to a directory - I can save ISO images to my desktop (therefore having "Documents and Settings" as part of the path), and the program works fine. Also, it is possible to reference other files which are not in the DOS 8.3 format, such as "Programs\Dreamweaver8.msi".

:)

still the same thing.... whether or not the ISO is successfully created, the same "Cannot record the ISO file since it has not been created!" box pops up. the error showing in the debug is box 'MKISO (ERROR): IMAGE NOT CREATED...'

does it have anything to do with the dvddecrypter maybe? thanks

i found that if i put a fake dvddecrypter.exe (i just renamed a copy of cdimage.exe) into the TOOLS folder and create the ISO, the option to 'record to disc afterwards' appears, but, more importantly the "Cannot record the ISO file since it has not been created!" box does not... strangley though the 'Create Bootable CD' box does not automatically close after the successful creation of the ISO.... could you upload the actual DVDDECRYPTER.exe so i could have the real thing and test it further? thanks

EDIT- just noticed the new beta... those comments are for the beta 5 version, not the newest one... i will test it and let you know

Edited by amd64lover

I just finished testing Beta 6 and... IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM!!!! Congrats, great job. Only thing i would suggest changing is that in the Index.html (the one in the menu folder), under the 'Create Bootable Discs' section, the existing items show the root path of the ISO to be created as 'ISO\\ME'... when i was trying to get mine to work, this threw me off b/c i thought the 'ISO\\' part needed to be in there for it to function... turns out it does not, unless they have an ISO folder with the operating system folders in there.

Besides that, everything looks and works great. Thanks again!

p.s. - i would still like a copy of the DVDD******.exe if possible. thanks

one other thing.... is there a way to manually set the filename of the ISO. i believe currently it is the filename is ISOLABEL.iso... i think it would be great if i could change that filename to something like 'Windows Server 2003.iso'... could this be done? thanks

Okay :)

a) Rewrote the whole MKIso function, which SHOULD work like before, but maybe needs some additional testing. I had to do this to give the possibility of changing the filename.

Two things now:

You may add a :<FILENAME> to your MKISO-Command (after ISOROOT) to set a default filename for the ISO-Image. If this is not set, the Label will be used (backward compatibility).

Additional you may want to give the user the opportunity to change the filename. This is done by changing the option FilenameByUser=1 in the menu.ini.

I added a new file COMMANDS.TXT holding all possible commands with descriptions.

B) About DVDDecryp*er ;) Simply google it.

AUTORUN2B7.ZIP

Sorry about creating a new version every day... Beta 7 --- lol. Hope you have fun testing, though.

Will need to get full support for the BASS.DLL (playing single files) and an okay from you both for the MKISO-function so that I can release V2 finally.