SETUP

XP

Professional

Server2003

Enterprise

Professional

MENU

Index.html

(All the other files that come in the autorun zip file.)

PRO1.dat

2PRO.dat

3ENT.dat

(The CD_rom, win51, and autorun for the disc are at the root.

I hope this'll help. Thanks man.

P.S. To change the icon for the drive, I don't know if you still want to, just make a .ico file with dimensions 48x48. I did this with IconWorkshop. Just use the demo. It's pretty good. In the autorun.inf file, put "icon=iconname.ico" without the "" of course. That's it.

Edited by m3n70r

ok, so if you are trying to create an iso for Windows 2000, the entry in the index.html file should look something like this....

stm_aix("p3i3","p0i0",[0,"Microsoft Windows 2000 Pro","","",-1,-1,0,"mkiso:BOOT/LOADER.BIN:Windows2000:SETUP/2000/Professional"],365,0);

let me know if that works, thanks

Naw, for win2K, it saves it as Windows2000.ISO. Here's the code:

stm_aix("p3i3","p0i0",[0,"Microsoft® Windows® 2000 Professional","","",-1,-1,0,"mkiso:BOOT/LOADER.BIN:Windows2000:SETUP/2000/Professional"],365,0);

And in the menu.ini file for cdimage i got:

[CDImage]

Path=BOOT\CDIMAGE.EXE

BTW, what would I use DVDDecrypter for? Isn't it only for DVD movies?

Edited by m3n70r

ok, so can the create ISO lines be used to add other folders and files to the iso.

My DVD uses an install source in ROOT\setup\xp2a but in addition to that i need to add ROOT\Install to the iso as that is where my applications install from.

I also need to add the bootfix.bin file to the ISO.

My CMD files don't run from within this autorun interface and that is now the only thing i need to finish my dvd (for now anyway)

Well, I doubt you could do it via the mkiso command, but you might be able to make a batch file, essentially like the one explained in flyakite's guide, and include both folders into the ISO. Then from the page that has the mkiso command, change the command to make it similar the the one used to run the setup.exe files but use the batch files. This seems to be the only feasible way I can think of. As for the bootfix.bin file.... :unsure: Couldn't help you there. BTW, when you say that the CMD files don't run, are you sure you're using the right command to access them?

ok, well mine worked without changing anything... turns out that when i try to save it anywhere that contains spaces in it (like "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop"), it doesnt save correctly... it cuts off after the first space and leaves the file extensionless (it saves it as C:\Documents)... i assume this is something to do with DOS and the fact that i am not able to add the quotation marks to the 'save to' location... any ideas on how to fix this?

Hmm, I just realized that all I did was save it to C: I tried to save it to My Docs but same issue as you. Saves it to C: as "Documents" no ext.. I guess the best thing to do is save it there first than to where ever else you want to save it to. I'm sure you could run batch files telling it to use specific parameters. Other than that, I'm lost.

so i made a batch file and it worked fine. in the batch file, i set it to save to the desktop. the code is (i put the batch files in my BOOT folder)

start CDIMAGE.EXE -lZRMPFPP_EN -t08/23/2001,09:00:00 -bLOADER.BIN -h -n -o -m ..\SETUP\2000 "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\Windows 2000 Pro.iso"

when i run it from my hard drive it runs fine. but when i load the ISO image to a virtual drive, neither the batch file or mkiso command work. same thing when i load them in VMware...

ok, i think i got it figured it out... i tried this in a virtual drive and loaded the ISO into VMware and it worked fine...the problem was that the locations of the files being called were different when on CD than when run from the hard drive...i put all the .BAT files i created in the BOOT directory (same directory as the cdimage.exe). here is the code i used to create the XP standalone ISO...

start BOOT\CDIMAGE.EXE -lVRMPVOL_EN -t08/23/2001,09:00:00 -b..\SETUP\XP\BOOT.BIN -h -n -o -m ..\SETUP\XP "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\Windows XP Pro.iso"

note that even though the .BAT file is in the same directory as the cdimage, i still had to specify the location as BOOT/CDIMAGE.EXE instead of just specifying the file name. i believe this is because the command prompt is being run from the 'F:' drive (my cdrom drive) and not the exact folder the file is in. keeping that in mind, i just used the '..\' to make it go back to the root of the disc, and then gave the location of the necessary files from there. i tried it out and it works great (although it doesnt work when run directly from the hard drive, but then again, it doesnt need to). let me know if this works for anyone else.

Edited by amd64lover