Selfmade Autorun...

TrooperMan

@fingers:

I ran into the same problem as you did and this is because I just can push the PHP output to the Browser (which is an IE instance, right) and can NOT modify the Address the browser thinks it is showing. Basically the Browser is located at about:blank when showing PHP results.

I don't have much time at the moment but I will fix that as soon as possible (if it IS possible) ;)

I had finally finished a nice face with lots of controls with php but had to give up as there was no way to execute an application even with exec()-pity

I will also create a dynamic Version of that DHTML Menu I used, so that one can use an INI-File (or XML or whatever) rather than playing with the JavaScript source, which can be very disturbing.

Your not wrong about the javascript code you used, I had to try to study it to see how to aply switches to setup.exe -- with no success, not even for explorer /e

without the ability to add switches it is limited as an installer...

Anyway: I would like to see some more Designs. Anyone made something new and wants to post it? ;)

face.jpg:blushing:

@TrooperMan

To run an external app via PHP use

popen("dir", "r");

That should work.

Thanks TrooperMan, that worked well. though you see a CMD window popup for a second before execution begins

-- i'm also able to pass switches to the executable (exe's in the path can be included) :)

eg

popen("explorer.exe /e", "r");

I don't know what happened to the run: command, will check that.

also problems with the close: command...

it causes about:blank DNS error :huh:

.... i managed to get around it with a call to

popen("taskkill /IM autorun.exe", "r");

but the link code below only shuts the browser and causes OS errors

<input type="button" value="Close Window" onclick="window.close()">

dave

• 4 weeks later...

hi guys, i really like this little app, i spent a while streamlining and changing it to suit my needs and it has pretty much finished my dvd.

But, when i run my cmd files which create standalone os iso's it gives me a funny error.

this is an example of the command file:

rem ECHO OFF
rem IF NOT EXIST %SystemDrive%\ntldr GOTO 9XCOPY

rem:NTCOPY
XCOPY .\XP2A %SystemDrive%\ISO /E /I /H /Y /K > NUL
COPY .\BOOTFIX.BIN %SystemDrive%\ISO\I386
XCOPY ..\Install %SystemDrive%\ISO\Install /E /I /H /Y /K > NUL
cdimage.exe -lXPAUTO -t08/04/2004,07:00:00 -b.\xp.DAT -h -o -m -n %SystemDrive%\ISO %SystemDrive%\XPAUTO.ISO
PAUSE
ECHO.
ECHO Cleaning up files from %SystemDrive%
RD /S /Q %SystemDrive%\ISO
GOTO EXIT

rem :9XCOPY
rem ECHO.
rem ECHO This process cannot be performed under Win9x
rem ECHO Please use a WinNT-based machine.
PAUSE

:EXIT

this works perfectly when run normally, but when run from within the autorun menu using this line:

stm_aix("p4i0","p1i0",[0,"Microsoft® Windows® XP SP2 Automatic","","",-1,-1,0,"RUN:SETUP/XP2AISO.CMD"],365,0);

it gives me this error:

untitled18xv.jpg

any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

@TrooperMan

My Create Bootable Disc function doesnt work. how do we configure the ISO Creation? what are the parameters and how do we set it up? Also, when i tried to do it, i hit the 'create now' button, then a windows popped up (presumably asking where to save the file to) and it has the words 'ISO-Image speichern in...' How do i translate this into english? When i select a location to save the file to, it says 'das ISO-Image wurde nicht erfolgreich erstellt und kann deshalb nicht auf eine CD gebrannt werden'. Again, how do i get this into english?

You know, I don't wanna get religious but OMFG! I'm a **** moron. I saved the file as an ini instead of an inf........ jesus..... Oh well, thanks amd for your help.

[uPDATE]

I get this error message when I try to create a boot disc for any of the OS's

I got this code in the file:

stm_aix("p3i0","p1i0",[0,"Microsoft® Windows® XP SP2","","",-1,-1,0,"mkiso:PRO1.DAT:WINXPPRO:XP\\PRO1","_self","","","","",0,0,0,"","",0,0],365,0);

stm_aix("p3i1","p1i0",[0,"Microsoft® Windows® 2003 Server SP1","","",-1,-1,0,"mkiso:3PRO.DAT:WIN2003SEE:03\\3PRO","_self","","","","",0,0,0,"","",0,0],365,0);

stm_aix("p3i2","p1i0",[0,"Microsoft® Windows® 2000 SP4","","",-1,-1,0,"mkiso:2PRO.DAT:WIN2KPRO:2K\\2PRO","_self","","","","",0,0,0,"","",0,0],365,0);

Edited by m3n70r

yeah, i had that problem for a long time. it took a lot of trial and error to get it to work. but now when i run it, it creates the iso and saves it as "C:\Documents" (with no extension)... but at least it creates it. The code i use is ....

stm_aix("p3i3","p0i0",[0,"Microsoft Windows XP Pro","","",-1,-1,0,"mkiso:BOOT/LOADER.BIN:VRMPVOL_EN:SETUP/XP"],365,0);

stm_aix("p3i4","p0i0",[0,"Microsoft Windows 2000","","",-1,-1,0,"mkiso:BOOT/LOADER.BIN:ZRMPFPP_EN:SETUP/2000"],365,0);

stm_aix("p3i5","p0i0",[0,"Microsoft Windows 98 SE","","",-1,-1,0,"mkiso:BOOT/LOADER.BIN:Windows98SE:WIN98"],365,0);

there is no double backslash needed and no slash is needed if the file/folder is in the root of the disc.

So is there any way to add switches to the executables (without using PHP)?

Cheers

edit.. And how do you change the image at the bottom? (the one with all the windows logos)

Edited by Jotnar