Someone make a tutorial

Sounds like an excellent topic for the User Manual, TheeBeets. In fact, you will find some useful tips in the current manual under the "Themes" tab, but a more comprehensive discussion will be forthcoming in the days/weeks ahead. I don't think I'm speaking out of turn when I say that our talented coders are working hard at incorporating a lot of new features that will allow users to personalize WPI in point-and-click fashion. A new theme can be as small or big a project as you want to make it (just ask d0nut and others who have created some pretty exceptional themes :P ), but a detailed primer is worth tackling. Patience, mah man.

Oh, to heck with patience! What is it you want to do precisely? We can start laying the groundwork for the primer right now by answering your SPECIFIC questions....

Edited by blinkdt

Thx for your reply and to be honest I dont really have anything specific In mind Im rather good at Photoshop so was planning on making a few graphics myself and if there working on click customization thats great, gives users a wide area to play with their imaginations. I did look at the manual in the themes section although I will admit I found it rather hard to follow im just not a coding kind of guy.

I will admit I found it rather hard to follow im just not a coding kind of guy.

No sweat. Let me throw down the gauntlet for you, TheeBeets: my sixth graders are building a school Web site this week. If they can do it, you can do it. Why don't you post a few graphics and we can get a sense of where they might be best placed, then we can take a crack at the code. No rush. Waddaya say?

Ok sure yea that sounds great Thx for all your help your a really nice guy. Completely off-topic out of interest if you want to see some of the graphics I have done plz look here.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v600/TheeBeets/Siggies/

Pass: Beets

Ok sure yea that sounds great Thx for all your help your a really nice guy. Completely off-topic out of interest if you want to see some of the graphics I have done plz look here.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v600/TheeBeets/Siggies/

Pass: Beets

i have noticed youd had a fair few sigs :) not bad, i like photoshop its a very professional tool, unfortunatly i own it but dont know how to use it, im still learning the ins and out of psp

if theres some thing in psp you need i might be able to help out on that as for the a setup screen

id say for a 1024 x 768

and this should work for any resolution

to make a side bar,, make a bar thats 200 x 768 and place it on the left

remember if you want a bottom or top blocks/ bars or what nots, they are normally 1024 x 100

and thats basically it, just go wild on it, like in my completed wpi screen thread

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=52561

and also make sure to delete the blue bars at the top and bottom and if want the bart dividers in your theme wpi.htm file before you start this project if you want it full screen

other then that just toy with gradiants and illusional effects and its all cherry :)

also when creating your project make it in layers its easier to change and move things around then :)

hope this helps

Edited by Lost Soul