Unnoficial Windows 95 Original Service Pack 3

mitchellovision

If you like The original Windows 95, and would love to see it fatser than XP, please read on... ;)

OK guys and gals...the thread for Windows 95 Original Service Pack 3 has just begun right now .......yes, right now! As I'm also creating my WinME Service Pack 1 BETA 2 and Windows Neptune shortly after BETA 2 is complete! OK...let's get right down to buisness....

OK, these are the stuff I will add to the Original Windows 95 on my second hard drive:

1) FAT32 Support - FAT16 support deleted.

2) Windows 95 Original now runs on DOS 7.10.

3) Will have updated (brand-spanking new) Windows 95 original's Icandy. Now you can go two colour at the top of the menu instead of just one colour the whole way through. Also...Windows 95 Hidden Folder's will be updated to look like the folder is hidden (faded) when hidden programs and files tab from "Options" menu is turned on.

4) Options menu moved out of View, and renamed to System Options. It will be now re-located in the Control Panel and then Tools Menu.

5) You can now go on your dektop while still in Explorer.

6) For new compatiblity with FAT32, most updates are highly not recommended, and installation will fix up **EVERYTHING** and much, much more.

7) Kernel32.dll is more complexed. It is also specially designed to run at high speed, and plays games much, much, much, Much faster.

8) Tweaked Performance raised to 90%, along with stability at 100%.

9) Buffer Checking is enlarged and tweaked by 60% (which allows better performance and stability to make it stay at 90% pretty much the hole time).

10) Added an automatic ram detector for performance degraidablility. If you system degrades over time (ehich it will only do if you start taking way too much resources away, so Windows 95 won't function, and kernel, would go on the fritz, and will hang for over 1 minute. Then ram detector will automatically save all of your stuff and reboot. If it cannot reboot, unplug power bar from outlet for a minimum of five seconds, and leaveyour computer off for 3 minutes minimum after than, than you can play on it again. (Just to make it safe. ;) )

11) Added System Restore. This system Resotre orignally came from Windows Me, but was tweaked and converted to run at high speed, fatser than WinMe...even with the NTFS removed from WinMe, 95 will still run faster.

12) Added WinMe's msconfig to Windows 95. There will be no modifications made avaliable, except to the kernel32.dll, and the user.dll.

13) Cutom made Driver.cab. Will include all drivers compatible with win95 before sp3 installed, and much, much more.

14) Tweaked Internet Performance to match Windows 95 SP3 requirements.

15) Every ASUS motherboard , NVIDIA Video card, ATI Videa Card, every ASUS/NVIDIA Video Card, 15 new sound card drivers, including Creative and Yamaha sound cards, with the tweaked old drivers that came with the original Windows 95 before SP3 upgrade will be in Beta 1 for sure.

And that's all the idea's I have at the moment! Please do share your idea's and suggestions with me, as they will be seriously taken into thought. Thank you for reading this and I hope this Service Pack will be considered a sucess. If so...there just might be an Unnoficial Windows 95 Service Pack 4 in the near-by future ahead of us. Who knows how this forum will end up like. But I do ask one thing...be polite, no put downs and no vulgar/swearing, as you will be out of MSFN forever, and like I almost was at one time two. :whistle: Anyway...All the help is needed here, as usual, and everyone make themself at home. Thank-You for supporting my Service Pack for Windows 95 Original. :thumbup

NEWS FLASH: I need at least two people to help me with this project. I can do it all by myself, it's just that it will take two years at least till setup is done for the project. That's why I'm asking 2 poeple to help me wiht this service pack of mine to make it be done in a month. They will be in the credits of my service pack for the original 95 when BETA 1 is done. Thnx for your support and generosity. :thumbup

Edited by mitchellovision

I wont work on this 1. The dlls in 95 as well as 98 first edition were flawed. It was fixed in 98 se though.

I am interested in the neptune project.

same here! :thumbup But that's ok, dirt... I understand. repairing Windows 95 original is like deleting a hard win32 worm, mixed with a boot sector virus all in one. It was probably also the flawed dll's l. But with my SP3...It will fix them all. That's probably why Windows 95 ran so slow, right? Because they didn't put much cache in it, and becuase of the flawed dll's. Man...this is going to be a rough month for me. :wacko:

There you go again with "NTFS removed from WinMe."

Please explain where Windows Me has any compatibility with the NTFS file system.

Who needs System Restore to go fast?

I suppose you could install the original version of Windows 95 on Ms-Dos 7.1, in fact a fellow offers a stand-alone version of Ms-Dos 7.1 that has a nice tweaked install with optional programs, dos tools, etc. He offers a download of a Windows 95 and a Windows 98 GUI for it.

That package was put together by a guy who used to post a lot to the computing.net forums. I used it briefly when I was having some fun experimenting. I messed up my HD using the included Norton Utilities. I needed to zero out to fix it.

I suppose that miraculously performing what you are advertising would be interesting, but I can't see anyone but folks who just want to temporarily play with some stuff actually using it.

Umm, I think Windows 95 even in its original form would be faster than XP. It's the nature of basic Ms-Dos with a GUI and nearly nothing else running in the background. That was Windows 9x at its basic beginning simple form

Now, actually using your computer to do anything modern with it and needing all the programs and processes running leads to poor old dos and first edition OS files crying help and crashing.

XP, or a fully updated 9x/Me system on the other hand will be slower with all the stuff running. But pretty speedy with today's hardware of course! On the other hand, we can accomplish much more than Ms-Dos or Windows 95 could ever dream of being able to handle.

I guess this is one of those critical, what in the world use is there for what you perhaps are trying to make work, posts.

Sorry, but until everyone can be shown your magic that's all you deserve.

Edit -

Not too much cache because of flawed DLL's?

Man, this sort of stuff wouldn't work on a newly divorced, lonely woman who is in a bar to go home with any man available.

Edited by Eck

:whistle: he gots more projects going on then them guys in redmond .too bad its all talk no screenshots no hard evience just some guy saying a lot showing nothing.i dont get it ,trying to be a big fish in the forums lol .look mikey where the prove provide screenshots .and get a haircut. Edited by timeless

I understand what you are saying, Eck, and I agree with you. But if y'all want to see my magic with computers. You got it. ...First off: Me was built on MS-DOS, and then seperated from it. THen of course of MS being stupid...they "intergreated" NTFS to MS-DOS 8.0 while in making. All MS-DOS 8.00 is an NTFS version of MS-DOS 7.1. MS-DOS 8 is MS-DOS 7.1 with NTFS intergrated into it, and the removed EMM386.EXE. However, it is true that without EMM386.EXE needed from MS-DOS, Windows Boots up faster and displays less crashes. True, becuase EMM386 chews up 64kB of OnCache Memory installed on your motherboard, whixh therefore make EMM386 more vulnerable. That's one good thing that they did to WinMe. If they dtopped rightthere, Me would have been one of the best. But no, unfortunatley, they were stupid of intergrating NTFS to DOS 8.0. But if they left EMM386.EXE. Windows Me wouldn't even boot-up, period, becuase NTFS chews up all off th power of EMM386.EXE, because it thinks it is a threat to it, so it delets it from Windows Me during first start-up of WinMe, after when it reboots, it would have crashed your whoel computer so badley, you wou;d've needed to get a new hard-drive. That's why they deleted EMM386.EXE. They knew it would save ME from death like neptune, and therefore, that's why they deleted EMM386.EXE from Windows Me. But then the idiots at MS thought, "Hmmmm...Since EMM386 is gone, why don't we try to merge NTFS to MS-DOS 7.1, and hopefully that can make Me the fastest OS on the planet. However, as soon as they added that to MS-DOS 8.0 permanintaly, right that very second, Me had around 970 glicthes instantly, becuase of NTFS not knowing where it is, and it knew that it is not in it's proper place, so then NTFS got scared, and started "eating" MS-DOS 8.0, and that caused even more errors, and that's what caused Me to be what it was like today. If they haven't added NTFS into DOS 8.0 in the first place, Me would have been twice as faster, and twice as powerful, and 2x more stable than right now. That's what I meant by, "NTFS Removed from Windows Millenium Edition".

Second: I won't make System Restore faster, it'll just be faster with the new buffer, and dll's, and memory controller usage, and with the EMM386 deleted, Windows 95 original will boot-up 3 times faster than normal, and will be 3 x more stable, and reliable at the same time, which then makes 95 fast alrady. Then, the internet will be tweaked, so the buffer won't overflow with data, and crash the OS when loading the websites at a very high speed, which also slows down the internet from doing any damage to your modem/router and your hub too if you have one. Then FAT32 will somewhat make Windows more stabler, and relable, and you have larger hard disk space, and a larger memory usage, which can process things very smoothly, instead of grunting and pulling it wagon by wagon up a steep hill like the FAT16 does in a way. Also, Windows 95 will be 16/32 bit instead of just plain 16 bit, so that will smoothen things up (the speed, and reliablilty will be the same, but will be twice as faster, and three times as less crashes. (True!) And system resotre will hogg some of the resources, making 95 the perfectly reliable speed balanced for today's computers running full MS-DOS. And MS-DOS 7.10 has a lot more atuff intergrated into it, like a DOS Mouse and 3x more smoother than MS-DOS 6.22, and twice a fast as 7.0 which was released in Windows 96/96A (95b 2.0 and 95b 2.1), but 95C 2.5 uses 7.1 BETA 2, and 98 uses 7.1 Aplha 1.01 and 98SE uses Alpha 1.2. I have Alpha 1.37a, the latest MS-DOS 7.10 there is, making Windows 95 original run smoother than ever before. MS-DOS 7.10 Alpha 1.37a uses 1.4% resources, while MS-DOS 6.22 Alpha used 35.97f% of system resources, making Windows 95 the smoothest it can possibly go. Do you understad what I'm talking about now. I'll do one last one for now, and then I'll continue later on tommorrow.

Another thing you asked me about nothing else runing in the background. True. But back when 95 original was released, no msconfig was made till Windows C 2.5 or Windows 98 First Edition, either or, I know that. But anyway...msconfig from WinMw was probably the most liked and the most used widely around the world becuase it has features that other msconfig's don't have, not even Vista. msconfig was originally designed to repel programs runing in the backgorund until it was told to let it run by clicking the checkbox off, so that app is running in the backgorund, eating away ram, resources, ect... Windows Millenium Edition needed a special msconfig due to, "NTFS on MS-DOS 8.00 on Windows Millenium Edition", so they added three extra menu's that no-other OS woud have, not even Vista, because of how badley resources were eaten up by NTFS chewing itslef out of MS-DOS 8.00. The first one is in the middle, and it's designed for enabling, or disabling a static vxd on Windows Millenium Edition. The second one is Environment. That's for controlling what's being entered into the autoexec.bat. If you find somethign that shouldn'r be in there, just uncheck it by clicking on the line(s) that are affecting Windows Me. Windows 95 pretty much operates the same way, and to my knowledge, it does need the msconfig from WinMe, from how much power the new Original Windows 95 will have. The last section that's a unique like the other two of the special msconfig featurettes only for Windows Millenium Edition. One of them that will help newer apps and DirectX 8.1+ install without a problem would the International. The international setting on msconfig for WinMe was designed for games that were supposed to have the exact same country setting, and time zone and Language ID that was chosen from WinMe setup. Windows 95 will only use this for newer apps that aren't supposed to be compatible with the original 95 or Windows 95 perioid. ...It does the exact same thing that it does for WinMe, but has added 2k support intergrated into msconfig "section" into the kernel32.dll. That opens up program that were compatible with 9x, and all prgrams that are compatible with Windows 2000. (I'm going to use SP4 only). hopefully, that settles some things, Eck. Do you think I tought you enough, or do you need more info in some of the things I talked about ealier? Is so...just wait for a while. I have to make some nacho's for supper tonight. :w00t::thumbup

Few questions:

Why would you remove FAT16 support?  Wouldn't this mean incompatibility with FAT16 drives?

Also, why would you put System Restore when many people don't even use it?

Good question, actually :yes: . I'd actaully save some of the files for reading and accessing FAT16 drivers, But basically, Windows 95 original SP3 will have a FAT32 partition (FAT32 is optional) will be able to read, write, and network with FAT16 drives, true, but the only thing is, 95 original is goign to run from a FAT32 partition.

I would also put in System Restore for Windows 95 becuase it would reverse damage that has been done from ad-aware, malware, viruses, trojans, worms, the win32 worm, you name it, it'll fix that file. But this is going to be a special system resotre. Not only will it restore back to an earlier time, like WinXP and WinXP, but it'll act like the Windows Me System Resotre, since that is the version I might be using to re-modify. And it can work with your Anti-Virus, and scan from System Resotre, and Once System Restore shows results, it'll ask you which bad files which it found during virus-scan. I'll also make sure 95 works with Microsoft Anti-Spyware BETA 1, and all of those new files, like McAfee, PC-Cillin, Nortons Anti-Virus, Yahoo! Anti-Spy v1.14 and all of those new files (those were some of the program s that Windows 95 SP3 will be compatuble with. The list is a very long one. My goal was to play RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 and SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition on the original 95, revised or not.) That's why I'd add System Restore. Not only for go-backing time...but scanning for infections and deleting them indeifnentley from Windows 95 original SP3.

Actually now that I think of it...A firewall would be good on Windows 95 SP3. Wouldn't ya think so too?

:whistle: he gots more projects going on then them guys in redmond .too bad its all talk no screenshots no hard evience just some guy saying a lot showing nothing.i dont get it ,trying to be a big fish in the forums lol .look mikey where the prove provide screenshots .and get a haircut.

You'll get your pictures when my step-brother brings over the original 95 CD-ROM disk. Don't you worry. And it won't cost a cent. :lol: Right now I'm just waiting for him to bring it over here like he promised too almost a year ago. But this time he sai he will...no butt's about it.

--edit-- the pictures will also be available for Windows Me SP1 BETA 2 and Windows Neptune Beta 2. B)

:whistle: pitcures i got and have ran 95 a dozen times what pics you gonna show .and when are these packs sps fairy tales beening released?

Actually, the quality is bad, but the pictures are good in otherwards. Buth other than that...The WinME Sp1 BETA 2 is offically coming out in two days. No execptions! ;)

The best way to silence critics is to impress them, not mad rad faces. Short of that ignore them. You should consider editing your post before you find you are on same dead end street again.

Edited by dman

The best way to silence critics is to impress them, not mad rad faces. Short of that ignore them. You should consider editing your post before you find you are on same dead end street again.

I just did. less than a minute. After all...I am trying to turn over a new leaf, u know. I'm turning into a nice, talkatave 15 year old. True I have 3 service pack's to do, but you're right. mad faces don't get you nowhere, but trouble. You are correct. From now on, happy face, and nothing but! But thnx for getting out of the gutter.